Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/10
When I say Spoutible will become one of the top three Twitter alternatives, people think I am delusional. I am not basing my prediction on the current landscape, but will happen in the not-too-distant future. It looks like Threads is the defacto replacement for Twitter and the winner... it's not.
10:04 AM - Dec 17, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/10
Threads quickly became popular because of Instagram and high-profile accounts on Twitter looking to grow their audience quickly. These individuals told their followers they were migrating to Threads, and many of their followers followed them. We have seen this before, just on a smaller scale.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/10
When Elon acquired Twitter, those same individuals told everyone they were moving to Mastodon, but that quickly faded because of Mastodon's complexity and its decentralized nature. But those same individuals pushed Mastodon daily for several weeks before it faded.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/10
Then we watched the same thing happen with Post News, but Post News was never meant to be a true Twitter alternative, and just like Mastodon, they stopped hyping it after a few weeks. They eventually came back to Twitter again and again because they needed that reach and engagement.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/10
Threads give large accounts the engagement and followers they desire and offer people looking for their favorite followers a place to go. The problem is that although many of these people spend considerable time on Twitter, they don't understand what makes Twitter... "Twitter."
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 6/10
When people start organizing for 2024 and realize just how limited Threads is, they will be on the hunt again for an alternative. However, this time, the migration will not be fueled by larger accounts but the smaller accounts that require the key features Threads and Bluesky do not offer.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 7/10
This is where Spoutible comes in and why we spent a year working 6 - 7 days a week, adding all the key features before the end of 2023. Spoutible Pods was the last piece we needed, and it will be the feature that catapults Spoutible to the top three Twitter alternatives.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 8/10
The Pods demonstration had many of the features disabled because we didn't want to tip our hat before we officially launched Pods. But once we launch, it will quickly become evident where we are going with Pods and why it will be better than Spaces even in its infancy.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 9/10
Unline Twitter, we will use Pods to its full potential by hosting exclusive events, Q&A sessions with high-profile people, and debates with 2024 candidates. But the unique features we will release will make the experience different from anything you have seen to date.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 10/10
So no, I am not delusional. I just know the landscape today will be significantly different in a few months. Spoutible will be uniquely positioned to capture significant market share when Twitter rapidly spirals out of control as the election heats up and Threads doesn't deliver.
Jackie S.
A
I disagree about Post

Post is an excellent place for news & journalism, but it’s terrible as a social media site. Spoutible is excellent for social media, but lacks good news & journalism

Use both & you’ve got everything you need. Just wish the two sites would get together & promote one another
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
10:21 AM - Dec 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}