Jeanne Stewart
A
thread 1/4
This is why I hate AI. This post shows up in my Facebook page. People are raving about the amazing talents required to make this bag. The talents required are computer skills. It's an artificial intelligence work of fiction. Pictures like these make a mockery of yarn arts and artists.
09:20 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Jeanne Stewart
A
thread 2/4
I reported this post on Facebook as false information, but these scams are everywhere. Some lowlife characters sell knitting and crochet patterns, using AI images to represent the finished product, knowing the actual project won't look at all as expected. Sadly, people will be ripped off.
Jeanne Stewart
A
thread 3/4
The irony does not escape me that, now that I have produced a thread, AI will summarize my words. I hope it does so without distortion.
Jeanne Stewart
A
thread 4/4
As I expected, AI got it wrong in the summary. People were praising the supposed crochet skills to make the bag, not the computer skills. I still don't like AI.
09:31 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Virginia Crochets and Stuff
A
In response to Jeanne Stewart.
I hate it, I keep seeing across social media, people being fooled by AI patterns. And Etsy isn't removing them despite complaints.
06:25 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Michiru
A
In response to Jeanne Stewart.
It doesn’t even look real?
Not to mention how heavy and lopsided a bag like that would be; hanging or sitting.
11:13 AM - Jan 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}