Pamela B'well
A
In response to Thurgood Du Bois.
#January6th :
It was during the pandemic when students were learning from home. Twice a week I set up a table so they could come to the exterior doors to pick up books, art supplies and lab kits. I was tidying my station and opened a tab to watch the news…

I didn’t move from that spot for hours.
10:16 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Penelope Lowder
A
I remember watching it and getting angrier and angrier that these b******* were ALLOWED to do this with no interference, no national guard, no or tear-gas like what was done to the BLM protestors. A fire of anger burned inside me. I thought, “who the F do these people think they are?”
03:01 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Camara Reed she/her/we/us
A
Like most people who had access to a TV, I was glued to my sofa watching. TBH I was waiting for more bloodshed because 🍊💩was in charge of the mob and his MAGAts had been stockpiling guns since Obama was President. The shocker (but not really) is that the 🍊mf’er still isn’t in prison. #amerikkka
03:00 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Ves Lee
A
Can't believe what my eyes was seeing
01:46 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Kathleen Rupnow
A
I am a Canadian and a politics watcher. I "watched in disbelief" as Joe Biden said yesterday. I was watching because I expected there would be some trouble but it went beyond what I could have imagined.
01:42 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Kirk Taylor
A
Yes it was a Wednesday and I had just finished my last zoom class of the day, teaching high school math. It was just stunning. Next day one of my students, when I began the class by asking if they'd seen it, said "I was shocked, but not surprised", something I heard many times afterwards.
01:42 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Lipsticktraces
B
Yes. At home and on the internet. Was absolutely APALLED. I just could not believe what was happening. Stupidly, I started drinking to numb what I was feeling and ended up in rehab the following week.
11:53 AM - Jan 06, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
Waiting in an exam room at the podiatrist's office.
Just scrolling through the news feeds watching it unfold in real time.

Surreal.
11:39 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Susan
A
I was at home and had turned on the TV to catch the Georgia senate results. MSNBC had cameras watching the events unfolding at the capitol and I saw as people started breaching with flagpoles and watched with horror as things worsened,
11:25 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Danalibrariana
A
I was working from home when I got a news alert on my phone. I turned on the television and watched the horror unfold. My sister called and we talked and watched together for a long time. We were both frightened and furious. 😡
11:23 AM - Jan 06, 2024
J.D. Cunegan
A
It was a WFH day, so I had the TV on while I putzed around on the computer. Saw the whole thing unfold in real time.
11:23 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Ruth Zantvoort
A
I was watching it here in France with tears in my eyes. I thought it was the end of democracy in the USA.
In 2017 I vowed never to set foot in the country until TFG was out of office (in which I succeeded). If he returns to power, I will, with great sadness, re-boycott the USA.
11:08 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!
A
We had the tv on, and watched the whole thing, horrified and in shock! 🤬😭
11:05 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Shawn Stuckey
A
Didn’t have my phone on me. When I picked it up I was slammed with texts about it. Turned on the TV. Sat down as my heart sank & the air left my lungs. I felt horrified, angry, sad, surprised but not shocked. 3 years later, I can’t walk through the Capitol without seeing these images. Without anger.
10:56 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Robin Jasper
A
My husband and I watched it all unfold on the tv. Horrified. Husband, retired Marine, couldn’t believe they weren’t using all available force to stop those insurrectionists. We’ve come to understand why, of course, but felt so powerless in the moment. Footage still infuriates us.
10:49 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Karen Dykstra
A
Yes, I was watching it on tv with tears in my eyes.🥹
10:37 AM - Jan 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}