Diana Tyler
A
#DailyPictureTheme #Give

My parents donated GALLONS of blood over their lifetime, so when I discovered my body had a rich store of regenerating platelets I could #give to others who needed them, it seemed the natural thing to do. Please #give blood, blood components, and organs if you're able.
11:53 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Cyndi Brown she/her
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
I wish I could. It took two years of chemo to get rid of HepC, but apparently it's never really gone.
11:55 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
That must have been so hard on you! And, yes, certain conditions stay with us for life, becoming *another* daily obstacle to navigate.
I know there are many reasons why some people are not able to give blood/components/organs; that's why it's so critical that those who *can*, will choose to do so.
In response to Cyndi Brown she/her.
12:00 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Cyndi Brown she/her
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
Believe me, I know. Plenty of accidental trauma in my family. Donors are angels.
12:02 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Cyndi Brown she/her.
I hope your family received the care/components needed after those accidents. (My donations precluded 1 family member later needing--& 1 donating--an organ. And recently I needed a skin graft from fetal tissue.) Science rocks, especially when paired w/the gifts of thoughtful/generous humans!
12:23 PM - Jan 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}