Diana Tyler
A
#DailyPictureTheme #Give

My parents donated GALLONS of blood over their lifetime, so when I discovered my body had a rich store of regenerating platelets I could #give to others who needed them, it seemed the natural thing to do. Please #give blood, blood components, and organs if you're able.
11:53 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Andrew Senior
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
Best not to donate organs before you are done using them.
10:50 AM - Jan 07, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Andrew Senior.
11:02 AM - Jan 07, 2024
Madrigal Rose
A
When I finally worked up the nerve to do it (needle shy), the guy had it draining so fast I passed out. Last thing I remembered was making Borg joke (you know, the tubes) then poof! 😔
10:46 AM - Jan 07, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Madrigal Rose.
I applaud your bravery. I know of several who faint after giving blood; not everyone is able to give, for a variety of reasons. Thank you for trying!
#ResistanceIsNOTFutile 😁😏
11:03 AM - Jan 07, 2024
randy gold
B
I saw at the OneBlood clinic that only 38% of people are eligible to give and sadly, only 10% of them (3.8% of all people) give at all. I first started giving at age 17 in Canada, when I had no money but I could still do something good and charitable.
Cancer patients thank you for the platelets.
09:23 AM - Jan 07, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to randy gold.
Thank you for giving! Until science can create human blood & its components in a lab, it's crucial that people who CAN give blood choose to do so. From a selfish point of view, those potential donors may one day need someone else's blood, so it's in THEIR best interests to ensure a supply is ready.
10:19 AM - Jan 07, 2024
Christopher Bauer
A
Dropped a triple today myself. 2 hours of email cleanup and 2 coffees with heating blankets and hot water bottles. Cookies and cranberry juice when I was done. An easy way at to support your community. 🩸🩸🩸
11:06 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Christopher Bauer.
Can I "like" this twice?? Wonderful!
Thank you!!

(But I learned to NOT drink anything during donations--I'm a woman...who has had children... :-D )
11:13 PM - Jan 06, 2024 (Edited)
Jacqueline Wallace
A
Thanks Diana. I can’t give because of cancer history and diabetes.
06:44 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Jacqueline Wallace.
I well understand. Not everyone CAN give...so it's important that those who CAN, will choose to do so.

I hope your cancer remains only in your history, and never again in your future.
06:55 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Michigander
A
❤️❤️❤️
06:13 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
I have a VERY high platelet count, phlebotomists love me.

And for all who donate - know that the phlebotomists at the blood center are so good you will have zero pain. These folks do nothing but draws all day every day. They are SMOOTH with even apheresis needles!!
05:59 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé.
Thank you for donating, and for assuaging fears of those who are nervous about needles!
06:20 PM - Jan 06, 2024
janey s
A
100%! I give platelets about monthly - I have enough to give every 2 weeks but then it knocks me out. With B+ blood, no one wants my blood, having had cancer 15 yrs ago, I can't donate a kidney (I tried), but platelets can't be stored & must be used within 5 days of donation so the need is constant!
04:42 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to janey s.
Thank you!! Yeah, every 2 weeks can get to be a grind. I'm glad you're in remission, and I'm glad you can still give platelets...and that you DO!!
05:16 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Roberta Calm-in-the-storm
A
You rock! Thank you!
03:56 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Roberta Calm-in-the-storm.
Awww, thank you. I wish I hadn't lost the ability to donate shortly after this. I hope others will continue to donate as they're able.
04:03 PM - Jan 06, 2024
TheQuietOne
A
I was up to 3 gallons. Then, for some reason, they stopped counting. Now, I've switched to giving platelets. I'm on hold for a bit though. I had skin cancer surgery. I have to wait 30 days to give. It takes longer but you can give more often. You really get a chance to get to know the phlebotomists.
01:50 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to TheQuietOne.
I don't understand why they stopped counting; it really *is* a good motivational tool to get us to give more often. Thank you for giving as you're able! May you be cancer-free forever!
02:20 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Rnsilverlake
A
Congratulations and thank you!!!!
01:07 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Rnsilverlake.
Thank you; I hope others were helped, and that some of them are able to pay it forward.
01:37 PM - Jan 06, 2024
b in the pnw
A
Incredible! This is something I’ve been wanting to do and will do this year.
12:09 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to b in the pnw.
Yay! Hurray! And thank you!!!!!
12:33 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
Outstanding!
12:03 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
Thank you. I hope all who are able to donate will consider doing so, and to make a habit of it. I went to the blood donation center every-other week; it just became part of my schedule. Plus, I got to watch movies while I donated, and eat cookies and juice afterwards--what's there not to love? 😆
12:07 PM - Jan 06, 2024 (Edited)
Linda Eisenstein
A
Boss!
11:59 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
Blood-pressure meds and age took me out of the blood and plasma donor pool...but my driver's license still bears my organ-donation intent if anything in my body is still viable for someone else to use after I've left this life. I hope all who read this consider what life-giving gifts THEY can share.
12:04 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Cyndi Brown
A
I wish I could. It took two years of chemo to get rid of HepC, but apparently it's never really gone.
11:55 AM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Cyndi Brown.
That must have been so hard on you! And, yes, certain conditions stay with us for life, becoming *another* daily obstacle to navigate.
I know there are many reasons why some people are not able to give blood/components/organs; that's why it's so critical that those who *can*, will choose to do so.
12:00 PM - Jan 06, 2024
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}