Diana Tyler
A
#DailyPictureTheme #Give

My parents donated GALLONS of blood over their lifetime, so when I discovered my body had a rich store of regenerating platelets I could #give to others who needed them, it seemed the natural thing to do. Please #give blood, blood components, and organs if you're able.
11:53 AM - Jan 06, 2024
TheQuietOne
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
I was up to 3 gallons. Then, for some reason, they stopped counting. Now, I've switched to giving platelets. I'm on hold for a bit though. I had skin cancer surgery. I have to wait 30 days to give. It takes longer but you can give more often. You really get a chance to get to know the phlebotomists.
01:50 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
I don't understand why they stopped counting; it really *is* a good motivational tool to get us to give more often. Thank you for giving as you're able! May you be cancer-free forever!
In response to TheQuietOne.
02:20 PM - Jan 06, 2024
TheQuietOne
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
Yeah, I don't either. But during the pandemic it seemed to fall by the wayside. Thanks for the well wishes. Just a couple of simple basal cell leisions from being a kid before sunscreens were a thing. I'm just glad it doesn't permanently block me from giving. I received blood once, now I give back.
02:27 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to TheQuietOne.
That last sentence is EVERYTHING!
(Yeah, I'm a member of the "tan-with-baby-oil-and-a-cookie-sheet" generation. Yikes! We really thought we were invincible, didn't we? 🙄)
02:30 PM - Jan 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}