Diana Tyler
A
#DailyPictureTheme #Give

My parents donated GALLONS of blood over their lifetime, so when I discovered my body had a rich store of regenerating platelets I could #give to others who needed them, it seemed the natural thing to do. Please #give blood, blood components, and organs if you're able.
11:53 AM - Jan 06, 2024
janey s
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
100%! I give platelets about monthly - I have enough to give every 2 weeks but then it knocks me out. With B+ blood, no one wants my blood, having had cancer 15 yrs ago, I can't donate a kidney (I tried), but platelets can't be stored & must be used within 5 days of donation so the need is constant!
04:42 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to janey s.
Thank you!! Yeah, every 2 weeks can get to be a grind. I'm glad you're in remission, and I'm glad you can still give platelets...and that you DO!!
05:16 PM - Jan 06, 2024
janey s
A
If you're going to have invasive ductal carcinoma, put in your bid for tubular carcinoma -- it's just about the best possible outcome for IDC. I had surgery and radiation but declined tamoxifen because the odds of uterune cancer from tamoxifen were higher than odds of recurrence of tubular c. 👍
In response to Diana Tyler.
05:30 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to janey s.
Thank you for sharing your experiences, and your wisdom. 🙂
06:23 PM - Jan 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}