Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/3
In the Wired profile, Brendan Koerner wrote, "I often felt like I was spouting into the void." I decided to compare his recent spouts vs. tweets and only compared spouts I did not echo. So with only 570 followers on Spoutible, Brendan's engagement was similar to Twitter's, with 12,467 followers.
07:13 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/3
So even with considerably fewer followers, significantly fewer active users, and no algorithm, Brendan still received similar engagement to Twitter. I would also like to note Brendan hasn't tweeted since last year.
07:25 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/3
I would love to see an honest assessment of Spoutible and her community vs. Twitter and other alternatives. I look forward to reading a piece from a journalist who will write about what we got right, what we got wrong, and how we can do better.
07:33 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Bobby Amos
A
It’s more interesting to assess a platform within context of comparable social media environments, ie Bluesky, Post. Threads a different animal interconnected within Meta’s ancillary products. Twitter verges on collapse under its own weight. PT Barnum said write whatever, just spell my name right.
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
10:56 AM - Jan 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}