Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/3
In the Wired profile, Brendan Koerner wrote, "I often felt like I was spouting into the void." I decided to compare his recent spouts vs. tweets and only compared spouts I did not echo. So with only 570 followers on Spoutible, Brendan's engagement was similar to Twitter's, with 12,467 followers.
07:13 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/3
So even with considerably fewer followers, significantly fewer active users, and no algorithm, Brendan still received similar engagement to Twitter. I would also like to note Brendan hasn't tweeted since last year.
07:25 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/3
I would love to see an honest assessment of Spoutible and her community vs. Twitter and other alternatives. I look forward to reading a piece from a journalist who will write about what we got right, what we got wrong, and how we can do better.
07:33 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Bobby Amos
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
It’s more interesting to assess a platform within context of comparable social media environments, ie Bluesky, Post. Threads a different animal interconnected within Meta’s ancillary products. Twitter verges on collapse under its own weight. PT Barnum said write whatever, just spell my name right.
10:56 AM - Jan 08, 2024
darryl
A
word
07:49 PM - Dec 03, 2023
L. C.
A
Why am I not shocked?
11:12 PM - Jun 12, 2023
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
I had more follows/followers on the 🐦 and hardly ever got engagement. Here, i have fewer people but more (and better) conversations. I even feel I can express my thoughts as a Black woman in America w/o having to fight off nazis for having a thought
04:23 PM - Jun 11, 2023 (Edited)
Valarie Miller
A
In response to Zaya Rose ⛧.
I feel the same way. I enjoy interactions more here overall.
11:36 AM - Jan 08, 2024
PS Annie
A
Man, folks are really so addicted to that sweet, sweet algorithm that they can't function in an environment with organic engagement. They legit don't even recognize it.
03:56 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Rnsilverlake
A
In response to PS Annie.
Indeed addicted, however they don't understand how to use data to support their "claims".
10:46 AM - Jan 08, 2024
Spark Bibo
A
I love how gung-ho you were when the article first launched, and since have torn the dude to shreds. Be more particular about who you give media time to. Never deal with the reporter without talking to their editor first. You’re gifting them access. It’s ok to be picky.
-former newspaper guy.
01:46 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Woof Woofster
A
I think my engagement rate is much higher on Spoutible than Twitter.

What's weirdest to me about Twitter is how the number of Twitter engagements has plummetted since late 2020, particular since the pasty dude bought it, even though I have over twice the followers I had in 2020.
01:46 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
So ? I'm not surprised.
01:42 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Anne King
A
Twitter conditions us to think that constant attention-seeking is a good business practice--when it's really only good business for Twitter.

I love being free of that whole deal.
01:36 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Jeff Mistina 🐻
A
Thanks for this.

And please hang in there. This is not only “going to work” - it’s “already working!”
01:09 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
If only everyone appreciated math and data, maybe the world would be a kinder place.
11:34 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Joshua M. Dziba, PhD
A
Is this Brendan Koerner still on Spoutible or did he just come to execute a poor hit job and then leave?
09:17 AM - Jun 11, 2023
April Sparkles
A
I know little about follower numbers and engagement, etc.
It strikes me as unusual to have that many followers on Twitter not engage with you.
Is there a reason for that, or is it typical?
Odd he didn’t interview anyone representative of the bulk of the population here. It’s like he didn’t try.
💛
08:11 AM - Jun 11, 2023 (Edited)
Cyndi Brown
A
In response to April Sparkles.
I know, right?!
Like his opinion was the only one that matters.
Meanwhile, OUR guy just let us know that the whale is part of the Womb Tang Clan!
09:03 AM - Jun 11, 2023
L B
A
I'm gobsmacked the journalist didn't do his research on engagements here.
08:00 AM - Jun 11, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

Diane Turner
A
Not in defense of the article, but having been a magazine publisher I do wonder what the deadline to submit his article was. If this needed to make a print edition of Wired it needed to be submitted well in advance- maybe 2 months. Articles like this making claims that quickly change get dusty fast.
07:21 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Annie Walsh
A
In response to Diane Turner.
Yeah. He missed entirely that people haven't had very good luck recently suing Chris Bouzy.
11:21 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Cyndi Brown
A
Not into the void. To a different audience. Just because he was used to being trolled, is no reason to call us the void.
07:17 AM - Jun 11, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}