Michael J Sheridan
A
Florida isn't alone, and the people who didn't vote for DeSantis and his particular brand of fascism don't deserve to be abandoned, any more than the Democrats living in Alabama or Mississippi or Texas deserve what is happening to them.

This is a national fight for the survival of democracy.
Josol @Josol1626
Please stop saying people in Fl. deserve what we are getting or we should just move. Moving is not an option for me, When you have no national /state support from the Dems, gerrymandering, voter suppression & false messaging we need your support not criticism. This could happen to your state too!
07:20 PM - Mar 06, 2023
07:46 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Heidi
A
In response to Michael J Sheridan.
Thank you! It's happening in Ohio.
02:22 PM - Aug 07, 2023
Jennifer Wolf
A
Thank you! 💙 an exhausted Texan
06:33 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
03:23 PM - Jul 27, 2023
ChingonaGordaVieja
A
01:53 AM - Mar 14, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
there does seem 2 b something wrong w/red state democratic org. according to 1 spoutsie, her state (either arkansas or alabama; can't remember which) dem organization is a pissing contest reminiscent of the berniebutts declaring war on hrc. that must change. can't natl. dem org do anything? /1/
12:47 PM - Mar 13, 2023 (Edited)
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
regarding florida, for example, wtf happened to state level dem organization? i recall when fl was a blue state! i'm not blaming the dem residents of these states, but i am blaming whatever exists of dem party leadership. where's the advertising? where's the online presence? WHERE'S THE BEEF? /2/
12:52 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Allwftopic
A
Folks in those states gotta start fighting back. I come from a state that once had a Republican governor, a Republican controlled assembly. I live in a county that was red that's now purple. What I've seen is the meaner the Republicans got, the more fed up voters bcame and started voting them out.
12:09 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Shouting In The Void
A
Rational Tennesseeans feel your pain. Our governor is hellbound and determined to either match or outdo Desantis. Nashville and Memphis are two of the bluest cities in the south. Our gov just signed a law that literally strips half of Nashville's representation in the city council + anti drag law.
12:08 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Barbra C #DemCast
A
Many red states are voter suppressed states.
There are millions of Democratic/Independent voters in those states who are being denied their right to vote through a wide variety of suppression laws.
We must have democracy protected in every state.
The John Lewis Voting Rights Advan Act is the answ
12:07 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Angry Black Woman
A
I see a lot of comments from different states and I agree 1,000%

What can we do to help? We can't fight nationally united if we are divided in the knowledge of what we can do.

Maybe we can start a list of local orgs/issues for the states that can be shared?
11:54 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Gee Cathy
A
Our message should be no one deserves what DeSantis is doing, not Florida, not the United States, not our Democracy

Vote Democrat for our democracy and because you deserve better, we all do

There is no place for Fascism in America or in the World
11:51 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Lynne Revis
A
We know in Texas; national party has come with hand out for decades but no help when Beto ran either time - and he did an enormous registration outreach.
10:40 PM - Mar 08, 2023
Didi B-Q
A
Absolutely! The Dems in red states want very much to change things in their state, and we should all work together to help them. We are one nation. We will succeed as a Democracy only if we can counter voter suppression tactics everywhere.
10:16 PM - Mar 08, 2023
Bren
A
Do you think we'll ever see the day when we are considered people rather than labels?
08:23 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Kevin Robson
A
We were fortunate here…we voted initiative “voters pick politicians” it passed and now we have control of everything in Michigan! We had republicans in control of both chambers for 40 years, now we’re getting much more blue
08:13 PM - Mar 07, 2023
susan.anto
A
Agree, Indiana is following in Florida's footsteps and is downright disgusting. As a sane, logical and rational person, it baffles me how people can follow along like lemmings. Don't say gay, book banning, abortion rights gone. We're going backwards!
08:06 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Jasmine DuBois
A
Thank you. Hearing this makes me feel less lonely.
08:27 PM - Mar 06, 2023
OKJoAnn
B
Agree, I live in Oklahoma.
08:10 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Denise Rodriguez
B
I agree I live in Texas and I know how they feel.
07:48 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Lorrie Hoffman
A
In response to Denise Rodriguez.
I'm in Texas to
07:54 PM - Mar 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}