Michiru
A
I sometimes wonder if the people in the US are all sick. The drug, and life insurance commercials paint a picture that y’all are dying or deathly sick.

We just watched one where the list of side effects were so long we times it. 32 SECONDS of VERY rapid this could happen, or tell your doctor if…
11:16 AM - Jan 12, 2024
Orlando Fuentes
A
In response to Michiru.
It's insane up in this house.
07:30 PM - Jan 12, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to Michiru.
There have even been cases where drug companies pay researchers to come up with a new illness that didn't exist just so they could patent and sell a drug to treat it. It's that bad.

The US and New Zealand are the only two countries that allow direct pharmaceutical advertising. It's bad.
11:50 AM - Jan 12, 2024
Candace Brent
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
Craziness of American laws. There is zero reason for this advertising except to encourage the patient to badger the doctor for a therapy that may not be beneficial. The drug companies get to write off the advertising expense and complain they can't reduce prices because they have to advertise!
01:07 PM - Jan 12, 2024
Michiru
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
That’s disgusting. Work on drugs for things people have. Geez. Capitalism is disgusting.
09:01 AM - Jan 13, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
In response to Michiru.
How much cheaper would their overhead be if we barred them from advertising to the public?

Our entire sickness maintenance system is designed around unnecessary profit, not around actual healthcare.
11:47 AM - Jan 12, 2024
Michiru
A
In response to shadeygreyskies.
So happy we don’t have drug ads, here. My Dr and pharmacist are the dream team. Not some lady dancing and singing about her A1C 🙄
09:03 AM - Jan 13, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Michiru.
IKR? Also, I can't imagine the audacity of going into one's Dr. to ask if s/he's "heard of this new drug, ____?" Chances are good that your Dr. is knowledgeable and DOESN'T need your medically-uninformed suggestions.
Advertisements for drugs NOT available OTC make absolutely no sense to me.
11:30 AM - Jan 12, 2024
Michiru
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
And most don’t tell you what they’re for. Makes you Google it, and decide if you have that issue. Marketing towards hypochondriacs.
My Dr and pharmacist are the best for meds.
09:05 AM - Jan 13, 2024
Tracy I
A
In response to Michiru.
My favorite is when they say “tell your Dr if you’ve had an organ transplant, have an intestinal parasite…” (and list of similar serious situations). Dude, if my Dr doesn’t know about my organ transplant, does she GAF about my toenail fungus???
11:29 AM - Jan 12, 2024
Michiru
A
In response to Tracy I.
Like that one that went on for 30 seconds. And it was more of a youmayexperiece thisandthatandtellyourdoctorblahblahblah. Almost auctioneer speed.
There was one for MS that sounded good until the huge list of side effects including death. Yeah, no, I’ll trust my dr to know what’s best for me.
10:13 AM - Jan 13, 2024
Dee Jay
A
In response to Michiru.
Don’t paint us all with that brush please. A lot of us are doing just fine without whatever bullshit the pharmaceutical companies are attempting to shove in our faces.
11:29 AM - Jan 12, 2024 (Edited)
Michiru
A
In response to Dee Jay.
That’s awesome to hear!
Most of these commercials seem to be fear mongering to hypochondriacs.
10:19 AM - Jan 13, 2024
L Geisenest
A
In response to Michiru.
We’re not doing great, Michiru. 😬

My national commercials are for medications and car insurance, and the local ones in Seattle are suddenly all from attorneys (so you can sue for the damage from the drugs and the car crashes??)
11:26 AM - Jan 12, 2024
Michiru
A
In response to L Geisenest.
Oh, I see those, too. We have MA coverage, and I can tell you, Jimmy knows! (We sometimes joke about what Jimmy knows 😆)
And insurance is just $9.95 a month! Regardless of age, health conditions etc. Price, price, price.
10:18 AM - Jan 13, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Michiru.
The drug companies also think if you sell it using a song people are more likely to want to try it. At least the commercials seem that way.
11:23 AM - Jan 12, 2024 (Edited)
k hola (she/her)
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
It is true. We also remember specific details such as brand name when we associate it with music. They need this so we can ask for it by name. There’s a sick psychology to advertising which is why they get sued for manipulating kids
11:26 AM - Jan 12, 2024
Michiru
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
It’s gotta be true. I remember companies that don’t even exist here anymore due to their little songs.
But I’m glad we don’t have drug commercials here.
09:00 AM - Jan 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}