Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 1/2
Spoutible is likely the first place a lot of white men are allowed to be where they cannot control or dominate a conversation.

It's something they are so used to, not doing it feels like "oppression."

What's sad is instead of using it to grow, many leave/mute/retreat to the safety of patriarchy.
10:53 AM - Jan 12, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
thread 2/2
Note how this user responded, with an image of genitalia.

It is a textbook example of how men use sexual violence as one of the tools to control, dominate and end a conversation. I took a screenshot but did not post it bc I wanted to limit his reach.

Please report, he doesn't belong here.
09:06 AM - Jan 13, 2024 (Edited)
Nefarious Newt
A
Reported and blocked. This is amateur stuff. After all the hoorah over the last X number of days about this kind of thing, to do this is just boneheaded.
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
09:35 AM - Jan 13, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
Nope, it's not bone headed, it's a deliberate attempt to upset, to dominate and to control the conversation.

It's gross illustration of my point, and when words don't work there's the implicit threat of domination through sexual violence.
09:41 AM - Jan 13, 2024
Nefarious Newt
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
Well, I meant "bone-headed" in the context of "Have you not been reading Spoutible recently?!?" but I see your point. I don't even understand the mentality that creates such an image, let alone the one that uses it. I wasn't always a charmer, but I NEVER would have done that in a million years!
09:45 AM - Jan 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}