Woke/Saying NO to polls
A
Laying it out there, I, as a black woman in the USA, 2024 cannot afford to put Gaza ahead of my country's best interests.
I and hundreds of millions of others have a lot to lose if American citizens care more about what's happening elsewhere, than Fascism goosestepping into our country.
06:44 PM - Jan 22, 2024
Agingfashionably
A
In response to Woke/Saying NO to polls.
Like on an airplane. Put your own oxygen mask on first, then help others.
05:20 PM - Jan 23, 2024
Asante
B
05:18 PM - Jan 23, 2024
Rebecca E
A
YES! 🙌🏻👏👏👏👏🙋🏻‍♀️
01:02 PM - Jan 23, 2024
💜 Callie 💜
A
Can’t help but believe that the GOP’s betrayal in America is what’s emboldening other nations. If democracy fails here, it fails globally. It’s no coincidence that anti-democratic forces are seizing on this moment of destabilization. They see an opportunity & Republicans willing to enable them.
11:45 AM - Jan 23, 2024
Sabine Savvidis
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
You better believe it. Which is why Russia is very much involved in fueling this moment.
11:47 AM - Jan 23, 2024
Susan McBride
A
If we don't take a hard line against fascism in America in the 2024 elections, we're not going to be very helpful to ANYONE else in the world ever again. Well, except the dictators who'd get a green light to gobble up democracies and take over as much territory as they can.
10:58 AM - Jan 23, 2024
Eljay Sixty
A
I’m an older white woman and agree with you. I remain confused as to how we can do anything immediate-term to a sovereign nation executing a war without entering into the war ourselves. We can adjust military aid months from now but exactly what the hell else can we do?
07:39 AM - Jan 23, 2024 (Edited)
MeiMei
A
I hear you entirely. We need to vote to prevent this country from falling into a fascist state. I think we can still care about what is happening and the focus to wipe out Palestinians.
05:36 AM - Jan 23, 2024
Abby Abramf
A
In response to MeiMei.
Came here to say this. Both and prioritize.
05:51 AM - Jan 23, 2024
Allwftopic
A
In response to MeiMei.
Most of us do care but that cannot take precedence over fighting to save our Democracy. And I'm side-eying anyone who thinks this should.
11:36 AM - Jan 23, 2024
Ground Control
A
Personally, I wonder how much longer people are going to care about Gaza period. No good guys, half a world away, few Americans involved...perfect recipe for throwing it down the same memory hole ad Ukraine.
01:18 AM - Jan 23, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
💯
11:46 PM - Jan 22, 2024
Jerry Wechsler
A
Also, Biden and his entire team ARE working hard, dealing with some of the most repulsive assholes on the planet, trying to get them to stop shooting and start talking. TFG would do nothing for justice, either in Palestine or in Ukraine. He would turn the US into Hungary, or kleptocratic Russia.
11:06 PM - Jan 22, 2024
William Tulloch
A
In response to Jerry Wechsler.
That is exactly where I am - dealing with Netanyahu is like the UK or France having to deal with us while the Former Guy was in office. I don't have access to the intelligence or analysis #POTUS does, but I trust him and his team, especially when they have few good options.
01:00 PM - Jan 23, 2024
Andrea Calderon
A
Why can’t we care about both simultaneously? We can walk and chew gum.
11:06 PM - Jan 22, 2024
Sabine Savvidis
A
In response to Andrea Calderon.
We can, of course. But then we also have to acknowledge that Biden is involved in 4D chess trying to prevent a massive escalation in the fragile ME, that he strongly disagrees with Bibi, and that tossing around phrases like Genocide Joe is an adolescent view of a very complex issue.
11:45 AM - Jan 23, 2024
AmericaNDN
A
After 500 yrs, the Doctrine of Discovery was repudiated less than a year ago. Historic US policy is the example being followed re Gaza. I'm not sure the world can wait for the US to figure out the damages, much less how to repair them and move forward. Meanwhile, I'll be concerned about both.
10:02 PM - Jan 22, 2024
ALIS ITLATOL
A
In response to AmericaNDN.
Yup. Am concerned about both too, bcuz Repudiation is not Rescinding.
10:42 PM - Jan 22, 2024
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to AmericaNDN.
She never said not to care or be concerned. She simply and clearly stated that Black people cannot put those concerns "ahead" of what is happening in this country right now. And we will not be in a position to help if T is reelected.
10:59 AM - Jan 23, 2024
Chana Jackson
A
Thank you for putting it out there. How can we ever help Gaza if fascists reign here, especially the Christi-fascista? Nothing less than the total destruction of the ME to bring the apocalypse will satisfy them.
10:01 PM - Jan 22, 2024
Not Nan Nary Bit
A
Glad you said it, I’ve been thinking about this a lot.
07:59 PM - Jan 22, 2024
Susan Simon
A
The state of the world angers and saddens me. But we will never find a way foward in Middle East if we don't find our way forward here first. Not the first genocide I've been a witness to (a news junkie born in 1948) , but 1st want caring humans elected here then pressure them to change for.policy.
06:52 PM - Jan 22, 2024
Jerry Wechsler
A
In response to Susan Simon.
Caring humans are already in the White House, but the real uncaring humans are the ones conducting their oppressive wars around the world. Our White House and Congress have no magic wands to wave.
11:11 PM - Jan 22, 2024
Nancy D
A
In response to Susan Simon.
Sad we need to hope for caring humans
01:21 AM - Jan 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}