Derek Croucher
A
It feels very lonely sometimes, because you don't want to push your pain on other people.
Miss Lil' Bit Angie @Neurofabulous11
What's one thing you would like folks to know about your chronic illness(es)? #ChronicIllness #MentalHealth #SaturdaySoundOff 💯🦓💪

Just because I can do it, doesn't fucking mean it doesn't fucking hurt like hell. #Hypermobility #Fibromyalgia #lumbarspondylosis 💜♾️
11:06 AM - Jan 27, 2024
02:33 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Jodi B
A
Chronic pain can be very lonely. Most people think you're lazy, crazy or lying. And the people who do believe you... like you said, you don't want to push your pain on them. You also have to deal with people who keep trying to push "cures" on you. "You'll feel better if you just do _______.” 🙄
In response to Derek Croucher.
04:38 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Captain Renault
A
In response to Jodi B.
If only it were socially acceptable to slap the toxic positivists upside the head...
05:41 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Jodi B
A
In response to Captain Renault.
😂🤣 You don't know how many times I've been so close to doing that! I know they mean well, but they don't understand that chronic pain is very different than temporary pain. It's not caused by something you did, like lifting a heavy box or working out too long. It's just there. ☹️
05:48 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Al Gray
A
In response to Jodi B.
Yeah, I went through a lot of stuff trying to get treatment.
05:06 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Jodi B
A
In response to Al Gray.
In the beginning, I went to so many doctors. Most of them made me feel like I was losing my mind and that the pain was all in my head. 😠
05:39 PM - Jan 27, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
In response to Jodi B.
I'm so sorry Jodi. 💔
I hope you're able to find some ears to listen here on Spoutible. 🦻
04:57 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Jodi B
A
In response to AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn.
Thank you. 😊💜 I've been reading the comments. I didn't realize there were so many chronic pain patients on Spoutible. Maybe we should have weekly meetings in a Pod (when it's launched), so we can all complain about our pain. 😂
05:44 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Derek Croucher
A
In response to Jodi B.
"You should try yoga," is a common joke with a friend of mine for that last reason.
04:52 PM - Jan 27, 2024
Jodi B
A
Yoga!! 🤬🤬🤬 Or acupuncture. 😂🤣 I'm in severe pain from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. They'd have to put a thousand needles in me! 😆
"Have you tried...?"
"Yes, I've tried..."
"But that was 12 yrs ago. Try it again."
"I've gotten worse. If it didn't work then, it won't work now!"🙄
05:58 PM - Jan 27, 2024 (Edited)
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
When I first got sick, was still part of the "church." Had a woman in my face telling me that I was sick because of some "secret sin in my life" & I needed to go before the church, confess my sin, receive prayer & forgiveness from the congregation & be healed. I told her to Fuck All The Way Off
06:15 PM - Jan 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}