Dee Incognito
A
Voter suppression is the greatest anti-democratic evil in the U.S. I know it looks like Jan 6 is, but I suspect without voter suppression there’d have been no Prez Trump, and therefore no Jan 6. We all pay dearly for that evil.
Laura, The Invisible Spoutan®️ @Canyonsfan
08:51 PM - Jan 13, 2024
11:01 PM - Feb 01, 2024
Yvette
A
In response to Dee Incognito.
Gerrymandering is ruining TEXAS and many other States. How do we as Democrats fight it?
11:29 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Dee Incognito
A
In response to Yvette.
I don't know for certain. That's an answer I have to leave to people much smarter than I am. But I do know the fight has to begin at local levels, and it has to be well funded, fierce, and constant. Democrats can't just fight in election years. It has to be always.
11:35 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to Yvette.
It's hard, but dems need to keep running everywhere. Especially in "unwinnable" races. You keep a bench of candidates and staffers active. You force the opposition to take firm stances on unpopular topics. You then are ready when the races do become winnable. You keep registering voters. Keep
11:50 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Andrew Senior
A
How did democratic America end up with a system where the politicians get to decide on the electoral boundaries? What could go wrong?
11:57 PM - Feb 01, 2024
Dee Incognito
A
In response to Andrew Senior.
I think the founders assumed we would amend the constitution when what they wrote stopped working for us. We act too often like the thing was written in stone, and forget it was meant to be amended.
12:39 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Dee Incognito
A
And yeah, as angry as we get with some of these states, we have to remember that millions, literally millions, of people in Texas and Florida do not support the far right.
11:04 PM - Feb 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}