Professor Kyle
A
Guns are about power. It's why the GOP will never move to restrict them – the same reason they ban abortion (power over women), restrict healthcare for trans people (power over LGBTQ+ folks), take away vital social services (power over those in need), etc. Inflicted with cruelty & delight.
10:50 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Billsabum
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
“Every able-bodied African-American must register for a legal firearm. That’s the only way they’ll change the law.” —Dave Chappelle
10:58 PM - Feb 02, 2024
RealAntifaHQ
A
In response to Billsabum.
Worked before when the Black Panthers armed themselves in the 60s
01:41 PM - Feb 15, 2024
will
A
i think they totally would move to restrict them if their ideological enemies started pulling the same shit they do. once they’re not the only ones intimidating others with ar-15s suddenly guns are weapons and dangerous.
06:51 PM - Feb 02, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to will.
No doubt.
07:04 PM - Feb 02, 2024
Ryan F
A
Remember the silence from the NRA when it came to the murders of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile? Or Marissa Alexander who fired a warning shot at her abusive husband, had her "stand your ground defense" rejected, and was sentenced to 20 years?
12:24 PM - Feb 02, 2024
Susan McBride
A
🎯🎯🎯
11:21 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
YES
Ppl talk as if it's abt increasing sales for gun mfgrs

It's not

Sales changes w/restrictions & red flag laws would be less than rounding errors

It's ab having enough guns out there that they can farm stochastic terrorism; i.e., get randos to regularly terrorize people, esp marginalized ppl
11:06 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Jim Plunkett.
Yup. That, and to terrorize their wives, or the random people they see on the street (again, especially if they're marginalized).
11:33 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Karen B
A
And in turn they use their power to intimidate and elicit fear and it seems to be working.
10:57 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Karen B.
Exactly.
10:58 AM - Feb 02, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
When guns come up in conversation now, I've started to frame them as a physical embodiment of fear. Granted this in my very limited world in NY state. Talking about fear is uncomfortable. Some of the best progress comes out of that. Some folks get really mad. Depends on the audience.
10:56 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Kos
A
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
I love it. "Why are you conceal-carrying your fear around with you?"
12:00 PM - Feb 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}