Professor Kyle
A
Every space dominated by men, virtual or real life, is filled with harassment, abuse, and assault. To change that we need to change the culture of toxic masculinity/patriarchy; till that happens, we need strict, enforceable rules prohibiting such behavior. Gifted article.
01:24 PM - Feb 04, 2024 (Edited)
Martini C
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Do you thin think technology is outpacing legal system and tech CEOS want to keep it that way?
05:39 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Martini C.
There's a reason people call them Tech Bros.
05:40 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
Absolutely. What's described in the article could easily be legislated against – or programmed against. But I imagine the tech folks don't care and both them & the politicians are mostly thinking about $.
05:43 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
It has to start when raising a child, then it has to branch out into all aspects of life.
The shit I am reading right now is, well it is nothing new but it sure makes me wanna do some stuff to men.
02:59 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
Hear hear.
05:25 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Ashanti- Na
A
Meanwhile in the reality universe that is the United States, over 100,000 Rape Kits, remain almost casually untested (the evidence was collected, and w/o consequence to police, never submitted) sending a clear message to victims to shut up, and sexual assaulters to rape again.
02:24 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Martini C
A
There is a real intent to convince people that we just have to live with the consequences of toxic masculinity.
01:26 PM - Feb 04, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
The patriarchy has held power for millennia and is terrified of losing that power.

They're most afraid of payback. They fear that everyone they oppressed will do to them what they've done to others. The concepts of equality and justice can't seem to penetrate their worldview of King & serfs/peons.
01:33 PM - Feb 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}