Professor Kyle
A
Every space dominated by men, virtual or real life, is filled with harassment, abuse, and assault. To change that we need to change the culture of toxic masculinity/patriarchy; till that happens, we need strict, enforceable rules prohibiting such behavior. Gifted article.
01:24 PM - Feb 04, 2024 (Edited)
Martini C
A
There is a real intent to convince people that we just have to live with the consequences of toxic masculinity.
In response to Professor Kyle.
01:26 PM - Feb 04, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
In response to Martini C.
The patriarchy has held power for millennia and is terrified of losing that power.

They're most afraid of payback. They fear that everyone they oppressed will do to them what they've done to others. The concepts of equality and justice can't seem to penetrate their worldview of King & serfs/peons.
01:33 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Ashanti- Na
A
In response to shadeygreyskies.
One need look no further than the popularity of the Medieval Times restaurant chain and Renaissance Fairs where monarchial oppression, savagery & brutality are gleefully reenacted by paying customers.
02:11 PM - Feb 04, 2024
Kos
A
In response to shadeygreyskies.
I think they (I should say we since I'm also a straight, white male) also fear losing subtle normalcies of racial privilege - IOW, we might not consciously acknowledge to ourselves that we're privileged, but we're aware of it nonetheless.
02:58 PM - Feb 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}