Becca M-F
A
I don’t think I’ve ever been this consistently depressed before. How do you all cope if you feel trapped and not where you want to be?
01:04 PM - Mar 09, 2023
E.G. for Example
A
In response to Becca M-F.
Lifelong sufferer, little or no helpful advice to share -- I overeat and drink but going outside and taking pleasure in small things (books, birdsong) helps. If you really can't do meds I spent $3000 on TMS magnetic therapy which helped amazingly with the self-loathing, though still have sadness.
05:56 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Becca M-F
A
In response to E.G. for Example.
I’m sorry about the sadness. I know I’m in a difficult place right now, and the feelings come and go. There’s so many things that have built up, it just all gets a bit much.
06:00 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Diane_Mancino
A
I've been there. You can start with gratitude for the good things in your life. There are some wonderful apps for breathing, meditating, and relaxation. Get outside in nature, find a good therapist, and maybe a good medication. I've done them all and it's all good now. I hope you feel better soon!❤
02:09 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Becca M-F
A
I’m shocked at all the responses to this. Thank you! I know if I’d posted this on Twitter I would have likely got zero replies. Thank you for all the suggestions, it’s quite overwhelming but helpful
01:52 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Donna Covington
A
Whenever I’m feeling down I try to focus on all the positive aspects of my life. I focus my thoughts on the people in my life that I love or am fond of and blessings they have brought to my life. I find it brings a smile to my face and helps me beat the blues so to speak! I feel for you and hope thi
01:51 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Becca M-F
A
In response to Donna Covington.
Thank you. Part of me feeling sad is homesickness, moving to a new country is hard and I’ve been trying to block out the feelings of missing people.
01:54 PM - Mar 09, 2023
sr gillespie
A
I am sorry you are going through rough time. My suggestion would be to find a professional therapist who can help you identify where you are stuck and solutions for moving through it. Then follow through with those suggestions. Each new step forward lifts you out of the depression. Good luck.
01:43 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Mrs Bluestocking
A
I know that feeling well, & empathize in a way I can't properly articulate. DBT skills are daily survival skills. It's never perfect, but it does help to have a "toolkit" that works for you. Being able to drop the anchor & practice self care in heightened states of depression & distress is so hard
01:36 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Jackie Palmtree
A
Prozac. I know it's a bit facetious, but it's true that you can't feel sad if you can't feel anything. Also, I read. A lot.
01:27 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Becca M-F
A
In response to Jackie Palmtree.
I’m glad you’ve found something that works. Unfortunately I have a phobia which means medication is really difficult for me and causes panic attacks. I struggle to take a mild painkiller.
01:56 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Diane_Mancino
A
In response to Jackie Palmtree.
I started prozac a few months ago and it's amazing! No side effects and the ability to cope with life.
02:05 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Mrs Bluestocking
A
Light a candle & concentrate on the flame- how it moves, the colors, the smell. Art helps stop ruminating thoughts - I do resin art, & paint rocks with artwork & leave in my local park for the kids, ASMR (gentle whispering Maria is my fave), anxiety journal, calm app breathing exercises & stories
01:24 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Becca M-F
A
In response to Mrs Bluestocking.
This looks really useful, thanks ☺️ I’m trying to get back into my design work, it’s been a slow process and feeling down doesn’t help with feeling inspired. But I’m taking small steps.
01:57 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Nicole
A
I have to try and intentionally seek out things that make me laugh or that I enjoy.

I avoid sad or depressing shows and only watch comedy in those times.

But the most important thing to do is talk to your doctor and remember it’s not your fault.

Asking for help like this takes strength.
01:18 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Becca M-F
A
In response to Nicole.
I need to find a doctor, I don’t have one right now as I moved to a new country and still trying to understand US healthcare. It’s very daunting.
01:58 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Perry Masonry
A
I eat bad food. I drink. And of course then I feel worse. The thing that always works is getting outside, preferably amongst the trees for a forest bath.
01:10 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Becca M-F
A
In response to Perry Masonry.
I would love to be close to a forest. I moved from a small town in the U.K. with beautiful scenery to NYC and I miss nature a lot. Now I’m sidestepping dog shit on pavements 😔
01:59 PM - Mar 09, 2023
April Sparkles
A
I try to do something nice for someone. Often, it’s a meal for a senior.
This is a dark time and March is a difficult month. I hope your days become brighter soon. Can I help in any way?
01:09 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Becca M-F
A
In response to April Sparkles.
That’s very kind, thank you. I don’t exactly know what I need, well the thing I need to happen isn’t going to happen soon I just need to find a way to cope until then.
02:04 PM - Mar 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}