Christopher Bouzy
A
There are people on Twitter stating we were trying to hide the security incident and didn't contact anyone. We literally emailed everyone, posted an announcement, and had a Pod about it all within hours of being notified.
06:51 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Darren
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Incorrect. I didn't get an email from you, but I got one from HIBP saying my info was leaked. Not cool.
07:32 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Darren.
I got an email.

Did you check your spam or other folders? If you don't open emails from some senders, sometimes they end up in spam.

The only people I've seen claim they didn't get an email don't actually use the site. That's really weird. What an amazing coincidence.
08:11 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Darren
A
Yeah, no email. Nothing.

And I think there are plenty of people who created an account here (and other places) that went dormant because Spoutible didn't take off like other sites. You can find me on this username on other sites and see that I'm an actual person.
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
08:14 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Rachael Elizabeth
A
In response to Darren.
So, like 99% of people on Spoutible received the email, but because YOU didn't, you're going to act like there was some breach of trust?
10:23 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Darren
A
In response to Rachael Elizabeth.
I'm not sure you have data to back up that 99% claim.

But regardless, this was a serious leak, why didn't Spoutible force a password and 2FA reset for affected users?
10:25 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Darren.
It does seem to be solely people who don't use this site who are saying they didn't receive an email, which narrows the options to mainly:
1. Somehow dormant accounts did not get an email, or;
2. You did but say you did not.

Email was sent around 10 am E, Sun, you may not be looking early enough.
08:25 AM - Feb 05, 2024
Jason Carton
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
Aww, look at you still taking Darren at his word.
08:35 AM - Feb 05, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}