Bun the Franky
A
This isn't my area of expertise, but "no bolts installed" sounds like a bad way to keep something attached to another thing so the whole thing doesn't crash to the ground.
Piyush Mittal @piyushmittal
Faulty door panel on Alaska Airlines flight had no bolts installed, NTSB says in preliminary report
https://www.nbcnews.com/ne...
03:53 PM - Feb 06, 2024
04:02 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Christopher Brown
A
In response to Bun the Franky.
It would seem to me that a company the size of Boeing would be able to track the technician & the individual bolts they installed on every single product they produce.

If that is not true, the FAA needs to demand Boeing improve their quality management systems in order to maintain compliance.
05:11 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Christopher Brown
A
In response to Christopher Brown.
Every branch of the US military should be checking every bolt on every Boeing product that was delivered to them.
05:12 PM - Feb 06, 2024 (Edited)
Maria OLeary
A
No bolts installed? Wow that’s just unbelievable!
04:24 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
You just lick it really good before you stick it on
04:20 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
Not a good day for dry mouth apparently
04:59 PM - Feb 06, 2024
k hola (she/her)
A
from what I understand with my very limited understanding is that these doors are solely held in place by cabin pressure 🤯

I read a book by Crichton iirc about plane crashes. The worst part is the story is strongly based on a reality I didn’t know existed. True Horror
04:06 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Bun the Franky
A
In response to k hola (she/her).
If you find the subject interesting, check out Admiral Cloudberg on Medium. She does really deep dives into airline disasters, which is both horrifying, but also a relief as she shows how far we've come with regard to safety in the last few decades. https://admiralcloudberg.m...
04:10 PM - Feb 06, 2024
⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
Once you go Non-GMO, Gluten-free, then it's but a slippery slope all the way to fastener-free! 🤣
04:05 PM - Feb 06, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
*waves hand*
Details, blehtails. How important could, oh, all the door bolts be anyway?

Besides, at over $20 a piece, look how many dimes they saved!
04:05 PM - Feb 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}