Christopher Bouzy
A
I like many are against pollution, and private jets are terrible for the environment. That said, the way people have been going after Taylor Swift is f..king abhorrent and gross.
05:16 PM - Feb 09, 2024
tapreyol
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
What was she supposed to do swim back?
07:22 AM - Feb 13, 2024
Katie E
A
Here's the part where I roll my eyes.
06:43 AM - Feb 11, 2024
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
The tide isn’t turning against Taylor Swift. The tide is turning against the MAGA trolls attacking her.
11:33 PM - Feb 10, 2024
Alfredo Dominguez
A
It's the first Forbes article I have read in months. I remember when the magazine had interesting business articles.
03:46 PM - Feb 10, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
Air travel is responsible for only about 3% of global warming air pollution. There is no current alternative to fuels for air travel. Criticism of people that use airplanes is not in good faith, especially when those criticizing have not replaced their polluting cars, stoves, or heating appliances.
08:37 AM - Feb 10, 2024
PS Annie
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
Now don't bring logic and common sense into the argument Jonathan! 😉
People who jump on these bandwagons often seem impervious to facts.
11:38 PM - Feb 10, 2024
Stephie Lynn
A
Seriously, and I really don't see what other choices she has. With her popularity, she would be in danger flying commercial.
11:45 PM - Feb 09, 2024
PS Annie
A
In response to Stephie Lynn.
Exactly.
11:59 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Leslie Lawson
A
In response to Stephie Lynn.
Exactly! I came over here to say the same thing. Good grief can you imagine the chaos if she tried to fly commercial? Let alone fly commercial with her team and their ‘must have’ equipment? Folks need to do a reality check on their expectations.
12:15 AM - Feb 10, 2024
Ground Control
A
Sounds like a Russian troll farm media hitjob, brought to you by the people who wish THEY had those private jets.
11:01 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Cheryl Shigaki
A
Yeah, kind of a nothing burger.
10:41 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Michiru
A
What doesn’t seem to be said is she actually rents the jet out to people, doesn’t use it herself as often as it gets used.
06:26 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Andrea Loken
A
If the GOP wanna go after Swift, maybe they should ask about the Orange One’s private plane use while they’re at it…
06:16 PM - Feb 09, 2024
PS Annie
A
In response to Andrea Loken.
Sadly it's from the left as much as the right. Misogyny thrives at both ends of the horseshoe.
11:45 PM - Feb 09, 2024
déjà vu
A
06:12 PM - Feb 09, 2024
T. Naught
A
best take i’ve heard was roughly
“so this is what it takes to get fox news to talk about carbon emissions”

hilarious gloss on, yeah, basically gross bile
05:57 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
It is gross. But think about how many Swifties are opening up their Forbes article and reading this.

Your average Swiftie isn't even aware of this crap. That's how out of reach they are to the GOP.
05:57 PM - Feb 09, 2024
J.W. Sutton, Jr. (he/him)
A
Her detractors are pretty much all fragile white men and those that carry water for such men, right?
05:31 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Diana
A
In response to J.W. Sutton, Jr. (he/him).
And performative "leftists" on TikTok and Twitter.
06:57 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Anastasia Joy
A
This tiresome argument has been used against anyone who pushes for environmental action. It was used against All Gore, it was used against John Kerry. The goal isn't to impact Swift — her fans don't care about this. It's to undermine climate action.
05:27 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Paul Hastings
A
That the same Forbes that's frequently extolling the virtues of "private aviation flight providers"? That one?
05:22 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Casey Wagner
A
It's astroturfing.
Swift has been extremely popular at getting out the youth vote, so now the guys who love Turning Point USA and Daily Wire are going to try and create "Taylor Swift the Anti-Left Villain" so she stops generating votes.
05:20 PM - Feb 09, 2024
Garnet
A
In response to Casey Wagner.
Gonna work about as well as their boycotts. 😂
Not that Taylor Swift needs the Streisand effect boost.
Except maybe some of the kids of the Forbes subscribers might think listening to her was a cool way to annoy their parents. 😂
06:05 PM - Feb 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}