Andrea Junker
A
One thing that genuinely does mystify me, with no snark: Trump is one of the least masculine, least adult people in public life. Needy, whiny, defensive, pleading, scared of women & terrified of more powerful men.

I’m at a loss about why Trump’s base sees him as manly or strong.
10:42 AM - Feb 14, 2024
Van Lingle Mungo
A
In response to Andrea Junker.
Poor man's idea of a rich man.
Dumb man's idea of a smart man.
Weak man's idea of a strong man.
03:08 PM - May 15, 2024
Ground Control
A
Modified projection is my guess. "If this obvious failure at supposed masculinity can make it, then maybe there's hope for us losers at life" is how I'd describe the subconscious thought chain.
03:01 PM - May 15, 2024
Anton Brakhage
A
They equate bullying with strength, being petty and cowardly people themselves.
04:14 AM - Feb 15, 2024
Shell Sheddy
A
#DumpyTrump is classic blowhard bully-- taunting, insulting,threatening; a sociopath without conscience or filter on hatred,bigotry or grifting #Criminality ;
He said he always gets his way & rules don't apply to him;Trump has been an #entitled #inheritedWealth #Criminal his entire life& #hypes it
11:00 PM - Feb 14, 2024
CPfromCA
A
It's because he's mediocre & ugly to the bone, yet they see him as rich (a huge distrortion of the truth) and that gives the mediocre hope.
05:38 PM - Feb 14, 2024 (Edited)
Dıanna
A
I have NEVER understood that. Couldn't possibly ever understand it.

When he was in office, the teenage daughter of some MAGA acquaintances claimed she thought he was "hot," but I think she liked the idea of his pretend wealth & lifestyle
02:55 PM - Feb 14, 2024
Sonia C
A
What mystifies me even more, is how the professed Christians support him and hang on his every word as if he were a prophet. His actions are diametrically opposite to what Jesus taught. SMH
02:52 PM - Feb 14, 2024
Lil
A
As others have already said, it's the "getting away with" violating social & legal norms.
The cheating, the taking, the mocking, the revenging, the evading, the buying, the strong-arming, the intimidating, etc, are all seen by his supporters as positives, as evidence of a man in charge.
02:46 PM - Feb 14, 2024
Courtney Kimmelman (she/her)
A
Amen, His Base are nothing more than Racists, Transphobes, Neo-Nazi Peckerheads, Incels and DeadEnders.
02:04 PM - Feb 14, 2024
Graham Milne
A
I think because he appears to get away with being a jackass to everyone and everything, the way his admirers wish they could be in their own sad and failed lives. They don't want to have to be respectful or acknowledge anyone else. They want to be bulldozers and be worshiped for it, like him.
02:02 PM - Feb 14, 2024
Dave Miner
A
It’s the tough talk and the lying he gets away with
12:29 PM - Feb 14, 2024
littletraitor
A
That doesn't mystify me. It's actually the logical conclusion of a failed upbringing based on wealth, narcissism and a lack of empathy.
11:09 AM - Feb 14, 2024
Blanche Davidian
A
The insane combover.
The false teeth?
The orange makeup?
The corset?
The diaper?
The lifts in his shoes.?
The dance moves?
The gibberish?
10:53 AM - Feb 14, 2024 (Edited)
Wayne Fryback
A
Right?! I mean, he wears makeup, high heels, and a girdle! But "alpha male", amirite?? 🤦‍♂️🙄
10:44 AM - Feb 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}