Isa-Lee Wolf
A
Like a cheese grater to the soul, it could have been written last year.

#FIreNextTime
Evolve Undefined @EvolveUndefined
#SBBC #thefirenexttime #spoutiblebannedbannedbookclub It boggles my mind how relevant this is in current US cultural conflict & destructive politics of the moment. Racist white people often cannot see that racism has formed the superior identity they cling to & that they are terrified of giving up.
03:31 PM - Feb 17, 2024
04:01 PM - Feb 17, 2024
Diana Beach
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
I’ll be 60 this summer and when I started to see the movement against CRT and what was behind that, I was horrified. Then that went into trying to ban books and the teaching of Black History and I never thought I would see us slide back into staunchly defending racism and racist practices. 😭
05:35 PM - Feb 17, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Diana Beach.
I used to call it the Obama Button, bc we elected Pres. Obama and people lost their minds.
05:43 PM - Feb 17, 2024
Diana Beach
A
I believe that too. I was so naive. I watched Obama’s inauguration with tears of joy streaming down my face. I was so proud of my country. That pride quickly changed to embarrassment as I watched racism get worse every year since then. It’s so depressing.
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
05:47 PM - Feb 17, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Diana Beach.
I think our friends would remind us it didn't get worse, just more visible and socially acceptable.

But I get it, for sure.
05:55 PM - Feb 17, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}