Only followers of this user (April_Sparkles) can see their posts

Deb Montague
A
In response to April Sparkles.
I don't, unfortunately. I remember my mother taking me to the library in our small town, when I was 4. Reading was hugely important to her because she spent hours in the public library growing up a latch-key kid in the 1940's-50's. My sister and I are avid readers; my brothers, not so much.
06:48 PM - Feb 19, 2024
Deb Montague
A
I remember the table in the children's section. The librarian, a family friend, spread the table with books she thought kids should read. I can remember picking up to 4 books and taking them home. I'm pre-Suess in age so I know I didn't read those until mom bought a Suess book a month for my brother
In response to Deb Montague.
06:50 PM - Feb 19, 2024
Deb Montague
A
There is a book; I can't find it in my library; about a boy who befriends a bear cub. His family agrees to keep it. They run a honey farm. One day, the now-grown bear, ransacks their hives; eating over half of the honey and destroying many hives. They give the bear to the zoo.
06:53 PM - Feb 19, 2024
Deb Montague
A
The book ends with the bear happily at the zoo and the boy allowed to feed it honey when he comes to visit.
Line drawings; maybe engravings; in black, white, gray, and red. The full-page drawing of the bear destroying the hives is what I remember the most. I read that book a lot.
06:55 PM - Feb 19, 2024
Lil
A
The Biggest Bear?
04:40 PM - Feb 22, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}