Michael J Sheridan
A
thread 1/4
If you don't like the ads you're seeing, don't blame Spoutible or Mr. Bouzy. They're getting served up by Google, based on whatever info Google has hoovered up from your browsing habits.

Want to change what you're seeing? Start by clicking this symbol in the upper right corner of the ad:
05:37 AM - Feb 20, 2024
Michael J Sheridan
A
thread 2/4
That will bring up this menu. If you click the "Ad options" button, you can toggle between Google attempting to personalize their ads for you on Spoutible or serving up generic ones.

Or, you can click "Send feedback" to let Google know what you think of a particular ad.
Michael J Sheridan
A
thread 3/4
That brings up this little menu. Pick your poison, and don't expect to see an immediate change in the ads you're getting. But if you tell Google enough times in enough ways that you don't want to see that ad for Facebook, eventually they'll stop showing up
Michael J Sheridan
A
thread 4/4
But, to reiterate: This is a Google issue, not a Spoutible algorithm picking the ads you get. Please let Mr. Bouzy concentrate on doing the excellent work he's capable of, instead of this nonsense.
05:37 AM - Feb 20, 2024 (Edited)
Blue Democrat
B
In response to Michael J Sheridan.
It's not nonsense. We shouldn't be bombarded with right wing propaganda ads on Spoutible. We are fighting against this fascism, we shouldn't have to see it constantly on the site.
05:43 AM - Feb 20, 2024
Alfredo Dominguez
A
In response to Blue Democrat.
Any money spent on right wing propaganda is wasted on me. I used to see countless ads for Chia pets and somehow never bought one .
03:11 PM - Feb 20, 2024
Deb Lane
A
In response to Blue Democrat.
As it was explained, it’s based on aggregated information Google gets from YOUR browsing habits. At some point, spoutible will release their premium services which I believe will be ad free. The ads are not annoying to me, I just scroll on by.
12:04 PM - Feb 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}