RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/9
Folks, last night I wanted to do a thread on the Debt Celling, but I gotta do a thread on something a lot more immediate. I'm noticing here that we have the same people whom will withhold their vote because the dems and I quote "have to earn my vote."
03:13 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 2/9
That "gotta earn my vote" mentality is hyper dangerous and also hyper lazy. I'm fairly certain this recent, like 2010 recent when these dems abandoned Obama causing him to lose the house, and in 2014 causing him to lose the Senate.
03:15 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 3/9
This mentality folks, is how nothing gets done. For example, a reasonable person knows they have to continue to get involved in politics, and will do the research needed to vote for the right person come primaries. That is, this is the only shot to get the right person, and not a Tricia Cotham.
03:16 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 4/9
Also by withholding your vote, you're giving a signal to the GOP that you're more than willing to give over votes to them, than to support the candidate. That is, there's no reason for party purification.
03:17 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 5/9
Let's also consider that this tactic cost us huge in 2016 when Hillary Clinton and the rest of us warned that Trump can (and did) reshape the SCOTUS in the GOP's corrupt image. Not only that but many of these "earn my vote" crowd voted for Jill Stein, or Gary Johnson.
03:18 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 6/9
I'm unsure if this is an OP, or people believe this mentality. If it's an OP, then it's up to us to just ignore it and move on, and block said op. If it's an actual person then it's time for voter education.
03:19 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 7/9
Ultimately, withholding your vote, or "they gotta earn my vote!" or voting for a loser third party is a signal to the GOP they can do as they wish...and if you have this mentality you WILL get blamed.
03:20 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 8/9
It's up to you to participate pure and simple and voting and researching are the barest minimum you can do. If you wish to do phone/text banking, letters, post cards, canvassing for GOTV etc, then do so...because being lazy is not an option.
03:21 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 9/9
So...you've ignored the past two years when he (and a democratically controlled congress) did a lot, and needed a lot more help now in 2023?
04:37 PM - May 29, 2023
Cajsa
A
Not to mention that our votes have been earned already by the most effective administration in decades. Judges, infrastructure, Ukraine...again and again, Biden has proved himself.
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
08:17 PM - Feb 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}