Melody Pond (they/them)
A
thread 1/2
Did you know the max SSI payment for 2023 is $914/month ($3,612 below the current poverty line?) SSI is a program that’s supposed to help disabled ppl & seniors (who pass the rigorous rqmnts) survive. Most are denied on the 1st try, while appeals can take years. Not everyone survives the wait.
09:08 PM - Apr 10, 2023
Melody Pond (they/them)
A
thread 2/2
07:38 PM - Jan 01, 2024
TriXteR Phillips
A
I've applied and been denied 3 times since 2015. My dad and are planning a last ditch attempt of moving from KS to Co so I can get Medicaid to get the medical records I need to get a favorable decision in a future SSI claim.

The system is rigged, it feels like.
In response to Melody Pond (they/them).
11:09 PM - Feb 26, 2024
Melody Pond (they/them)
A
In response to TriXteR Phillips.
It really is. I was denied SSDI, for lack of records, pre-ACA, but KY opted in to expanded Medicaid, thanks to frmr gov. Steve Beshear (D). I signed up straight away & got enough records that I was relatively quickly approved for SSI when I reapplied. If you go that route, I hope it works out! 🤞
11:25 PM - Feb 26, 2024
TriXteR Phillips
A
It's good to hear that things worked out well for you, overall.

Thank you! So do I. *fingers crossed*
10:56 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Gee Cathy
A
I hired an attorney, the fee their allowed is capped, but it stinks that you are forced to take this route after having medical and psychiatric documentation stating your disabled

Also, I had to go TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), while I battled SSA for my SSDI benefits
05:20 PM - Mar 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}