In response to Joachim R..

@Tapa deleted this reply.

08:57 AM - Aug 04, 2023
Edward Simpson
A
I think it's important that we do allow people the space to vent if they need to vent, I think what we want to avoid is falling into the trap of only ever reacting to what the right wing is doing, letting them control the conversation.
06:56 PM - Jul 24, 2023
Cary Harrod
A
Agree. However, we need to remember that not everyone on Spoutible has the same level of knowledge, so sharing well-vetted articles, videos, podcasts should continue to be a priority. Relational organizing is key to getting apathetic voters out to vote but you must know what you’re talking about fi
05:28 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Joachim R.
A
In response to Cary Harrod.
I do agree with you 💯%! Sharing fact based information is key! Sadly many people waste time and energy on trashtalk and memes, instead of setting their focus on the important issues. 🤓👍
06:49 AM - Jul 20, 2023
Ethical Atheist
A
What we don't need on Spoutible is white people dictating how others use this tool.

I looked at the replies. Everyone where it was discernable from their profile pic that agreed was white. One Black gentlemen that stated "We can do both".

Can we talk about that Twitter habit?
06:16 AM - Jul 15, 2023
Joachim R.
A
In response to Ethical Atheist.
Your first sentence here and the spouts that you wrote below the echo of my spout on your profile show clearly, that you misinterpreted the meaning of my spout completely. That might have been your intention. That and the way you selectively quoted another spouter, keeps me from discussing with you.
07:14 AM - Jul 15, 2023 (Edited)
Crafty Kitty
A
Yes, thank you. I've been trying to remind people to change their bad habits learned over there. Of course we're mad and tired, but, we need to focus energy to more productive pursuits.
02:31 AM - Feb 10, 2023
JeepTheeCopacetic
A
Agree. I’m here bc I do not like the constant negativity on the bird app. I don’t mind people being real but all the attacking is too much.
07:56 PM - Feb 07, 2023
RScottTiptonMPA
B
Well said.
03:47 PM - Feb 07, 2023

@Tapa deleted this reply.

10:46 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Amanda Knight (she / her)
A
1/2 I was thinking in a similar way. If everyone here is progressive then we’re preaching to the converted. So what’s the best use of this platform? I was listening to Dr Bernice A King and panellists yesterday talking about social change. The conclusion they came to? (Cont’d in next comment)
10:45 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Amanda Knight (she / her)
A
In response to Amanda Knight (she / her).
2/2 Because there is so much that needs to change, and so many folks doing things in their own small corner, there is no focused effort, no one cause or change that everyone can get behind. Here’s the link to the discussion. https://youtu.be/SHxpsL_Gn...
Day 2 A Conversation with Partners - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/embed/SHxpsL_Gnrs

10:48 AM - Feb 07, 2023
The Phantom.
A
In response to Amanda Knight (she / her).
Some observations:
Not everyone on here is progressive.
Not everyone who claims to be progressive knows the history and current definition of progressivism.
To your point, if we can’t agree on what it is, we surely won’t agree on which oars to pull.
09:32 AM - Sep 10, 2023
Ami Thibedeau
A
Good Spout. I would add that dragging videos and posts from those we've heard far too much of already to this sane platform isn't necessary and hopefully won't be justified in the name of "we need to know." We know!
10:37 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Jack Jackson
A
I am in complete agreement, Joachim, and I'm nearly convinced I have to learn all over how to frame my thoughts for a healthy social medium.
10:36 AM - Feb 07, 2023
MadeInMichigan
A
Thank you.
10:34 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Simon Sands
A
Well said but we can do both...it does not have to be an either or thing.....as for me I will continue to donate money, time, effort, canvass, phone bank and promote the democrat party up and down the ballot...
10:32 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Susan Sevranek
A
Agreed and perfectly said !
09:29 PM - Feb 06, 2023
Susan A. Kitchens
A
Yes. This. In the weeks leading up to November, I was struck by Simon Rosenberg, so-called purveyor of “hopium” 😝, talking about election from smart, strategic, data-informed view.

In this 6+ min clip he speaks of 2 elections battlegrounds & non-battlegrounds

https://youtu.be/yUN3mFMNZ...
Short Take: Our Muscular Grassroots and Our Need To Get Louder, Become Info Warriors - YouTube

On Friday, Jan. 20th, 2023 Network Nova invited Simon to their Friday Power Lunch and in this clip he shares his insights on the growing importance of grassr...

03:12 PM - Feb 06, 2023
bronxelf
A
Word. If I wanted to talk to/about conservatives I could just post over there.

I would rather talk about how we stop electing them in the first place.
02:51 PM - Feb 06, 2023
Im a Frayed Knot
A
Yes! On Twitter, Musk is tagging President Biden statements that the GOP is coming for social security and medicare. But what he says is the truth. Musk is lying. We have to get that message out. We have to feature the great legislation Democrats have done. And we have to start fundraising for 2024.
02:38 PM - Feb 06, 2023
Greg Dickson
A
Wise words, welcome.

I'm Canadian but we have the same issues in our culture and country.
02:35 PM - Feb 06, 2023
Ground Control
A
As General Phil Sheridan once told his cheering troops, "God damn you, don't cheer me, FIGHT!"
02:33 PM - Feb 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}