Christopher Bouzy
A
We have had ads on Spoutible for over a month, and there have been a few hundred thousand spouts since then. Guess how many spouts were removed because we were alerted by Google...

Literally, just ONE.

No one here has to change the way they spout.
Geannie Bastian @WriterGirlProblems
Totally fair point.

Is there any way though, on the user end, for us to know what Google might flag? So we don’t accidentally run afoul of them.

I know I can check the Spoutible TOS, but there may be some differences to watch out for.
01:05 PM - Mar 10, 2024
01:18 PM - Mar 10, 2024
Jasra - no DMs
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I find the ads very unobtrusive.
12:59 PM - Mar 11, 2024
#Glassbydeanna
A
In response to Jasra - no DMs.
Nothing is free. We pay for what we use with our time, $ or attention. I wish I could fund all the good things with my $ but for now my attention has to do. When my cannabis investments turn around I will have plenty of $. It is hard to find places to make gains and make the world a better place
01:09 PM - Mar 11, 2024
ramona palin
B
Is there any reason why they can't scroll past the ads like the rest of us do?
C'mon people , give it a rest
05:26 PM - Mar 10, 2024
Alvin The Chipmunk
A
Great pod discussing this issue. Christopher did a good job laying things out in a thoughtful manner. Nice to have an adult running things here on Spoutible.
01:56 PM - Mar 10, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
And I know people are upset that other spouts with similar content didn't have the same result...but I'm pretty sure they were made before we had ads.
01:53 PM - Mar 10, 2024
JIlda Nettleton
A
You have to go down some of Frank tweets but he’s claiming people are getting suspended if they post something Google flags. That does not seem to be the case, but I think that may need to be clarified
01:47 PM - Mar 10, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
That’s good to know. I’m the kind of person who worries I’ll say the wrong thing a lot, so it just crossed my mind to ask.
01:29 PM - Mar 10, 2024
MeiMei
A
The ads themselves don’t bother me. Meaning having ads. I understand their purpose. But I hate seeing the dead rat one! I switch between personal and not. Between chasing topics for ads. But still get the rat one pop up. 🤷🏻‍♀️
01:25 PM - Mar 10, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to MeiMei.
I too do not like the rat. But I think it’s random, so I just try to scroll past it fast.
01:30 PM - Mar 10, 2024
A work in progress
A
My 6 year old grandson learned this week when one of his friends hit another child and was sent to the principal’s office, don’t break rules of safety.
We’re over six, I think we can figure out what crosses the line.
And there are rules, on file, to read if you’ve forgotten.
01:24 PM - Mar 10, 2024 (Edited)
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to A work in progress.
I know, and I mentioned that. I was concerned that there might be different ones that Google has. As was stated in the response, that doesn’t appear to be the case, but it’s nice to know for sure.
01:33 PM - Mar 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}