Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
Structuralists come from a tradition of classification. What is good and why. But that is all based on a system that favored eurocentric works. Aztecs were building empires before Greeks philosophied anything, yet we know Greek names, but not indigenous ones. Funny that. It was on purpose.
06:16 PM - Mar 12, 2024 (Edited)
Jack Handy
A
In response to Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd.
Except of course that the Greeks were known by the Romans who were then known by the rest of Europe long before any Europeans came to the Americas.
07:29 PM - Mar 12, 2024
A
In response to Jack Handy.
What on earth is your point?
07:32 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Jack Handy
A
Simply that the Europeans who came here came from that tradition. They already knew who the Greeks were and the Romans because they were taught from a young age. Granted, once they got here they ignored and suppressed any native culture.
07:35 PM - Mar 12, 2024
A
In response to Jack Handy.
Granted? Please move on. You're not ready for any of this.
07:39 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Nana of the Shire
A
I am not sure I interpreted his other comment correctly. I am confused now about what he was trying to say.
07:53 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Jack Handy
A
In response to Nana of the Shire.
I was talking about how things got the way they are. This person is assuming they know something they don't. They came in pissed and stayed that way when I didn’t carry their water exactly as they wanted. There was no sincere effort to understand, just knee-jerk assumptions.
10:04 PM - Mar 14, 2024
A
In response to Nana of the Shire.
It is vaguely racist, which is racist. But mostly, he wasn't saying a damn thing. Ignorant people mostly are so willingly.
07:54 PM - Mar 12, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}