A
File under: #NotADragQueen

Kentucky Republican pushes bill to make sex with first cousin not incest

https://www.newsweek.com/k...
02:19 PM - Jan 17, 2024
Kathleen Kern
A
In response to Charlotte Clymer.
I have worked in several cultures where first cousins marry. Unless there are genetic disorders in the family, it’s not generally a problem. Unless the marriage goes bad, because then you have siblings forced to take sides.
10:49 AM - Jan 31, 2024
Ashanti- Na
A
I too know of cultures where incest is practiced, another sad remnant of American slavery. However, my familiarity does not relieve me of the responsibility to acknowledge "Science." This is a bad cultural practice that "sometimes (a crap shoot w/someone's life)" has disastrous results.
In response to Kathleen Kern.
02:44 PM - Mar 18, 2024
Kathleen Kern
A
In response to Ashanti- Na.
Among the Amish and Palestinians, if there are recessive genes like dwarfism or albinism that run in families, they make a point to marry outside their families. Amish youth actually take road trips to other amish communities to look for spouses. They understand science.
11:22 AM - Mar 19, 2024
Ashanti- Na
A
In response to Ashanti- Na.
What I found fascinating about these incestuous cultural practices I found were common in some heavily Catholic Southern States, is the involvement of the Catholic Church in giving special religious dispensation to allow cousin (or closer) marriages within the Church; been going on for centuries.
03:08 PM - Mar 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}