Professor Kyle
A
A majority of men, including journalists (mostly white men), are also impressed by TFG's masculine presentation of wealth & power, even if it's completely fake. And deep down they love that he seems to get away with being openly sexist...& racist, & bigoted in general.
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
According to Pew, 60% of government & politics journalists in the U.S. are male. A big reason why the press is so bullish on The Predecessor – most men don't give a shit about abortion or think it's a motivating issue, despite SO much evidence to the contrary.
12:40 AM - Mar 20, 2024
12:50 AM - Mar 20, 2024
💜 Callie 💜
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
You nailed it here 👉🏽 “They love the fact that he gets away with being openly sexist, racist and bigoted.” That’s what his “immunity” defense clearly indicates. There’s a lot of white guys in this country that don’t want the responsibility of being decent and treating “others” as equals.
12:58 AM - Mar 20, 2024
L Geisenest
A
I had guy start raging Sunday after mildest correction by store employee, then lose his stuffing at me at one point bellowing b/c “I was not allowed” to call out his bad behavior to employee. He went ham at top of his lungs for half an hour, finally ended by threatening w/ his 2nd Amendment rights
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
06:05 AM - Mar 20, 2024
💜 Callie 💜
A
In response to L Geisenest.
😮 Whoa….that’s not okay. Hopefully, you’re okay and he won’t be an employee there for much longer. But, this further exemplifies how dangerous these folks have become. Any challenge to their privilege results in excessive threats of violence.
09:53 AM - Mar 20, 2024
L Geisenest
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
My apologies for being confusing. He was a customer who started in on an employee then switched to me when I pointed out he didn’t need to yell at the employee (customer was blocking entrance to outdoor garden area by having pulled his car in and idling there).

He was definitely entitled and enrage
10:22 AM - Mar 20, 2024 (Edited)
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to L Geisenest.
Wow that's really scary, I'm glad you're ok.
08:39 AM - Mar 20, 2024
L Geisenest
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
I don’t let those guys intimidate me anymore. I’m old enough to have had a full enough life, and grew up under a bully. So I care more about how I live than if I die*, if that makes sense.

It really messes with their blusterbustardry™️

*inescapable in the end anyhow
09:16 AM - Mar 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}