Susan D Blum
A
I don't seem to have engagement here with people interested in #education or #highered or #ungrading or #ProgressiveEducation ... Where are you all, my friends?
10:05 AM - Mar 21, 2024
Carol DeFreese
A
In response to Susan D Blum.
Right here, Susan. Three suggestions:

1) Follow lots of people to cast your net wider and give a greater chance of finding spouts that interest you.

2) When you see a spout you like, click the 3 dots to see who liked it, then follow them.

3) Do a search in Explore for relevant keywords.
10:16 PM - Mar 21, 2024
LilTaiz
A
As the WHO’s in Whoville said “we are here, we are here, we are here!” #highereducation
I agree ya gotta follow folks and engage.
12:38 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Richard
A
Maybe put those hashtags in your bio? I've seen bios with these topics so there are people here. It may take time but engage more, talk about these topics more and start following more people with these interests.

It will grow but it does take time. Good luck.
12:00 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Sabine
A
alternative course of action: make a (relatively) outrageous statement. Get quote spouted and dressed down by the boss, Cbouzy. This will give you your 15 min of fame and a lot of people will take note. Take back your statement gracefully.

not true, @joelcardwellsp ?
11:33 AM - Mar 21, 2024
Joel Cardwell
A
In response to Sabine.
Yeah, why not!
06:24 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Pam Sourelis
A
Well . . . you've only spouted 34 times in over a year, and you're only following two people.
11:31 AM - Mar 21, 2024
C Varnam
A
also use replies to interesting spouts to build connections with people, not just spouting yourself. One of our friends is just such an educator but she doesn't use Spoutible :(
11:07 AM - Mar 21, 2024
Sabine
A
for a more satisfying experience I´d suggest using the advanced search feature in the explore section to find like minded people or professionals in your field. Follow a lot more people than you do now to get people follow you (the follow back culture is very vivid over here) . Spout like hell 😁.
10:46 AM - Mar 21, 2024
Hester Prynnecess, beat reporter
A
hi Susan! I’m an educator (high school) and post frequently (mostly playfully) about my experiences and related thoughts

I know of a few other teachers here, but there is not yet a defined EdSpoutible community that I know of.

so let’s make one 🙂
10:32 AM - Mar 21, 2024
Cindy_Coffeelatte
A
The way this site works you must follow more. You’ll see a shift when you follow at least 100. More = more.

I agree on using Explore to search for education & other terms. Once you follow someone check their follows for shared interests. Comment frequently. Spout & quote spout.
10:25 AM - Mar 21, 2024
Bobby Amos
A
Apparently, you have to post frequently on this platform to get give and take activity, ie comments to your post etc, basically because there’s no algorithm involved as with similar platforms. Enjoy the rest of your week! 🙂
10:09 AM - Mar 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}