Linda Eisenstein
A
Scifi & fantasy are genres full of feminist writers eager to explore alternatives to patriarchal, racist, & gender constructs we suffer under. So much that there was a famous backlash (Google Sad Puppies controversy) some years ago by WMs protesting Social Justice Warriors "ruining" their enclave.
Jo she/her Thompson @Jojot253
I just completed my last Octavia Butler novel. I read Kindred in January and have read her other 11 novels since (she has two books of short stories I've yet to read). I had never read sci fi and didn't expect it to hit so hard. To have so much humanity. To be so painful and so healing. #Books
12:36 PM - Mar 21, 2024
01:50 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Rev. Deborah C Inyamah
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
Well, I'm sold by the titles alone. I will begin my Octavia Butler journey with #TheParableOfTheSower 😉🙏🏾😇thank you.
03:08 PM - Mar 21, 2024
RightSide Brazen Hussy
A
Yes Octavia Butler
02:09 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Jo she/her Thompson
A
I cannot with WM. Just a mess.
02:02 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
I accidentally read one of the books of the guy who started that. It was god awful. I mean truly awful. Not surprised he’s involved.
01:59 PM - Mar 21, 2024

Only followers of this user (beec4240) can see their posts

Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to aaron.
It just never ends with their trying to “own”a genre that was arguably created by a woman (Mary Shelley) whose very existence is predicted on alternatives to present circumstances. So. Tiring.
02:13 PM - Mar 21, 2024 (Edited)
Michelle King
A
Oh crikey, the sad puppies! I’d actually forgotten about that. Or maybe repressed the memory lol.
01:54 PM - Mar 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}