SoundNFury
A
thread 1/6
This might get me in trouble with some, but just a couple of observations/opinions on life here at Spoutible.

I do think we need to foster more tolerance here - for even takes that are offensive/we think are dumb/immoral/toxic/unethical.
10:47 AM - Mar 23, 2024
SoundNFury
A
thread 2/6
As long as the commentary is not in violation of TOS or disparaging the rights of protected/marginalized groups - we need to use mute/block more liberally, and maybe have fewer pile-ons/pearl clutching over stuff that irks us (perhaps justifiably.)
SoundNFury
A
thread 3/6
For example, yesterday there was a spout about a certain serious illness that a lot of people took offense to (I thought it was made in poor judgement too, to be fair.) We need to allow the space for people to be wrong/think about/re-evaluate what they are saying and receive our feedback.
SoundNFury
A
thread 4/6
Nobody is going to be right all the time.

I also think that we are unfortunately racially self-segregating. That's just what I see lately. It's a marked difference from the vibe that I got here in more recent months.
SoundNFury
A
thread 5/6
Maybe I was in denial about how harmonious day to day existence here really is. I really hope this place doesn't become like another Twitter/X - but honestly I can't help but see things floating in that direction.
SoundNFury
A
thread 6/6
But the good thing is, Spoutible is still relatively small compared to that behemoth online shithole. We are fostering our environment/vibe with each passing day. Let's keep it dynamic and flexible, while still retaining the core values of combating misinformation/bullying/harassment.
André Ware
A
In response to SoundNFury.
🗣🗣🗣!!!
11:22 AM - Mar 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}