SoundNFury
A
thread 1/6
This might get me in trouble with some, but just a couple of observations/opinions on life here at Spoutible.

I do think we need to foster more tolerance here - for even takes that are offensive/we think are dumb/immoral/toxic/unethical.
10:47 AM - Mar 23, 2024
SoundNFury
A
thread 2/6
As long as the commentary is not in violation of TOS or disparaging the rights of protected/marginalized groups - we need to use mute/block more liberally, and maybe have fewer pile-ons/pearl clutching over stuff that irks us (perhaps justifiably.)
SoundNFury
A
thread 3/6
For example, yesterday there was a spout about a certain serious illness that a lot of people took offense to (I thought it was made in poor judgement too, to be fair.) We need to allow the space for people to be wrong/think about/re-evaluate what they are saying and receive our feedback.
SoundNFury
A
thread 4/6
Nobody is going to be right all the time.

I also think that we are unfortunately racially self-segregating. That's just what I see lately. It's a marked difference from the vibe that I got here in more recent months.
SoundNFury
A
thread 5/6
Maybe I was in denial about how harmonious day to day existence here really is. I really hope this place doesn't become like another Twitter/X - but honestly I can't help but see things floating in that direction.
SoundNFury
A
thread 6/6
But the good thing is, Spoutible is still relatively small compared to that behemoth online shithole. We are fostering our environment/vibe with each passing day. Let's keep it dynamic and flexible, while still retaining the core values of combating misinformation/bullying/harassment.
Deborah Conway
A
In response to SoundNFury.
It’s tricky! I agree with you. Lots of people share their thoughts! I hope we find the balance.I scroll on by for lots of conversations.I know that it’s the teacher in me &being in my early 50s means I don’t have to say something all the time. All of us are individuals and we have to be respectful!
01:47 PM - Mar 23, 2024
SoundNFury
A
In response to Deborah Conway.
I mean, I see things all the time which make me wince/cringe.

I don't always say something directly to them. You can't fight everybody 😆

Sometimes it's better to just let it go and let "bad" comments die than to have everybody jumping on the person. In my view at least. For the most part.
01:50 PM - Mar 23, 2024
Magical Mystery Tour (MrG / NAFO)
A
In response to SoundNFury.
Yeah. Spout is about as sensibly moderated an environment as can be had. We had an Afro-troll peddling Kremlin propaganda here a few weeks back. I reported him, he was shut down fast.

Other people bug me, I block them -- not to be nasty, it just seems best to stay out of each other's way.
12:59 PM - Mar 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}