Dad The Geek
A
I just read an article about a family of 6- wife, husband, and 4 children- that can’t afford olive oil and bread.

I’m all “boo-effing-hoo” and wondering why they chose to have 4 children when they can’t afford it?

Make it make sense?
10:17 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Michael Farrell
A
In response to Dad The Geek.
Its probably because some doofus in a funny hat told them birth control was a sin
09:47 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Andrea Loken
A
Make it make sense, you ask? Ok.

Poverty can strike anyone at any time. Do not assume that these are bad folks for having kids & having trouble providing.

Buying into the shallow myth that they’re bad or stupid because they’re having trouble making ends meet is a form of classism.
06:12 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
Birth control fails. That's why I have my son.
People get laid off. Companies close. They lose insurance & spend their savings on expensive COBRA. That's why my BF's husband died at 47, leaving an 8 & 10 yo.
We have no reasonable safety net in the US & Life comes at you fast.
12:41 AM - Mar 29, 2024
E Z
A
Please…
Post this article you read?
12:06 AM - Mar 29, 2024
David James
A
Maybe, just maybe, they had the four kids when the family had a decent wage coming in, and now they have hit hard times? In the current economic climate, it can happen to the best people.
10:59 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Dad The Geek
A
In response to David James.
I can almost guarantee that the people in question never actually raised their kids. They paid for daycare so they could both work.

If you cannot afford to raise your own kids, then stop having kids?
11:09 PM - Mar 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}