Dad The Geek
A
I just read an article about a family of 6- wife, husband, and 4 children- that can’t afford olive oil and bread.

I’m all “boo-effing-hoo” and wondering why they chose to have 4 children when they can’t afford it?

Make it make sense?
10:17 PM - Mar 28, 2024
David James
A
In response to Dad The Geek.
Maybe, just maybe, they had the four kids when the family had a decent wage coming in, and now they have hit hard times? In the current economic climate, it can happen to the best people.
10:59 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Dad The Geek
A
I can almost guarantee that the people in question never actually raised their kids. They paid for daycare so they could both work.

If you cannot afford to raise your own kids, then stop having kids?
In response to David James.
11:09 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Cyndi Brown she/her
A
Dude.......
08:36 AM - Mar 30, 2024
Dad The Geek
A
In response to Cyndi Brown she/her.
I’m sorry, but I went into bankruptcy after my second child. We went down to one income because we were adamant that nobody else was going to raise our children.

It sucked, but it was the correct thing to do. Having any other offspring after that would’ve been irresponsible, right?
08:32 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Stacy TeeGee
A
08:38 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Paulette Hawkins
A
I can almost guarantee that you make unfounded, ignorant snap decisions about people and things all the time.
I have 3 kids. I was also a stay at home mom after I got sick and couldn't work. We went to a 1 paycheck family. There were absolutely times we couldn't afford little things.
You're a snob.
02:25 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
Are you suggesting that the people who are both working to be financially responsible for their children are not caring for them outside of work hours? What about school aged children? Are their parents not raising them because they send them to school? C'mon, man. Don't be that idiot.
12:45 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Andrea Ball
A
You can’t almost guarantee anything except for your lack of consideration for others. You don’t know the circumstances of this family or their experiences or struggles.
12:28 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Katie Kadwell
A
So poor folks shouldn’t expect to be able to have the joys of parenthood if they want? In a world where rich white men won’t pay their fair share, won’t pay a living wage, and continually take away our rights, including to choose NOT to parent??? Fuck you.
12:23 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Pamela
A
Huh? How do people afford things if they don’t work?
Perhaps you inherited your money.
12:14 AM - Mar 29, 2024
David James
A
I’ve never been a fan of children, although I have three of my own I have made it quite clear that if they never want to breed I have no problems with that. I’ve never understood families that have five or six kids these days, it’s as if they can’t work out, what’s causing it. Kids are not cheap.
11:11 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to David James.
I would've had 4-5 kids except for complications during my 3rd pregnancy. 2 had physical disabilities that cost an extraordinary amount OOP & yet I still would've had more kids if I could've. They are all highly educated, contributing to society & paying taxes.
How? Union job + financial literacy
12:58 AM - Mar 29, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}