Isa-Lee Wolf
A
I'd like to thank the people who made TV sound so bad (presumably so you have to buy a separate sound bar) so I keep captions on all the time for getting me so used to captions I can watch the entire world of TV and the language is irrelevant.
11:12 AM - Mar 30, 2024
Dee Jay
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
Part of the reason for that is the way the audio for movies & TV shows is mixed nowadays. Here is an article about it

https://www.avclub.com/tel...
12:43 PM - Mar 30, 2024
Susan McBride
A
In response to Dee Jay.
Thank you for this! Lately, I've felt like my hearing's going bad or something, 'cause I have to turn up the sound for dialogue and turn it WAY down for background music and sound effects which are intolerably loud. Good to know it's not my ears.
12:45 PM - Mar 30, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Dee Jay.
Thank you!!

It's not just me! But on the other had, watching in other languages is much easier now, so that's a plus.

I think I read less bc I'm reading TV😂😂😂
12:52 PM - Mar 30, 2024
Nefarious Newt
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
There are too many settings for the sound on my TV. And the sound bar I have only makes it WORSE, because it seems impossible to change the sound profile without the sound getting muddy.
11:14 AM - Mar 30, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
I got a sound bar bc when I used the smart functions of my TV the sound didn't work, but I hated it, it didn't work well, and returned it.

And then I used a streaming device instead and the sound is fine.

It all seems like a way to sell stuff.
11:25 AM - Mar 30, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}