Ben East
A
Who here is interested in following a process thread of a new commission I’m working on? A #PaintalongaBen if you will?
Tough. I’m doing it anyway. Follow the comments for progress.
Step 1: prime a plywood frame with texture paste. This is going to hang in a pizza shop, so needs to be hardy. #art
05:55 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Miriam
A
In response to Ben East.
HOW HAVE I MISSED THIS! Going to buy supplies and stuff in the next week I was literally in the paint aisle at a shop yesterday thinking I'd love to start painting but it's so overwhelming
06:28 AM - Mar 14, 2023
Ben East
A
MIRIAMMMMMM! I'm right here for you if you need any advice! Doesn't need to be overwhelming- it's just a question of breaking it down into distinct stages and being pig headed about following each stage without despairing about the final product.
In response to Miriam.
06:55 AM - Mar 14, 2023
Miriam
A
In response to Ben East.
YESSSSSS I've read through the posts and you've made it seem so easy, the explanations are so clear. I'm booking marking all the steps. This is the sort of thing we need proper threads for #spoutiblesuggestions Will keep you updated! Thank you ❤️
07:03 AM - Mar 14, 2023
Ben East
A
In response to Miriam.
That’s the pedagogue in me coming out- can’t help myself! In the meantime once you get your art stash sorted, feel free to DM with questions. I’d recommend acrylics as a great versatile starting point. I don’t have the time or patience for oil paints & you can replicate their properties in acrylic.
07:07 AM - Mar 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}