Vivant Anon
A
Anyone here make your own #bread #yogurt #butter #cheese #kombucha or mead or #grow your own #mushrooms #canning #beekeeping #chickens (eggs or meat) #followback #garden #homestead #husbandry #farming

I’d love to connect! #following
06:55 PM - Apr 02, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
In response to Vivant Anon.
We grow most of our own food, keep bees, wild ferment tons of things (ginger bug, tepache, milk kefir, etc) and are always trying new things. We also raise chickens (both meat & egg layers)
01:03 AM - Apr 03, 2024 (Edited)
Vivant Anon
A
In response to AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn.
My hens are only egg layers. I wish I could raise meat hens but don’t have the space or skill for processing safely. I wish there was a service where you would raise your hens but then transport for humane processing. If so I’d raise ducks, quail, rabbits too.
01:11 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Lipsticktraces
B
I usually have a very small patio garden with herbs and some veggies. Used to can a lot. Bake bread every now and then.
08:07 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Vivant Anon
A
In response to Lipsticktraces.
I love a kitchen herb garden! What do you grow? I have oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary and sage. I had success with parsley one year too. I tend to grow the woody herbs since they seem more durable and come up year after year
08:34 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
I plant a salad garden and herb garden every year & I have strawberries, blueberries, & blackberries. I've moved from 2 acres to .75 acres so I small scale garden now, but I still pickle cucumbers, & dry basil, rosemary, & cilantro, & make jam, compote, & freeze pie/cobbler filling.
07:43 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Vivant Anon
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
I’d love to know how you do with blueberries! I have a blackberry plant that is 15+ years old that was a volunteer, it produces some amazing fruit and now I’m training it on a trellis.

I tried 2 blueberry plants and got 4 ..maybe. 😭
07:59 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Colleen Crook
A
I make our bread and we recently learned how to make yogurt. Will start that soon. My wife, @doublee , ferments all sorts of things.
07:37 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Vivant Anon
A
In response to Colleen Crook.
Just followed 🤩

I am still taking baby steps with bread (gluten free) and use a bread machine but prepped to branch out to baguettes and bagels :)

Have either you or your wife made kombucha? I’m nervous but want to try.
08:02 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Jerry Wechsler
A
In response to Colleen Crook.
My wife and (especially) her sister make ... Kimchi.
03:27 PM - Apr 03, 2024
LD Jones
A
I make, bread, mead, beer, and I grow my own grapes for my annual "backyard" pyment
07:28 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Vivant Anon
A
In response to LD Jones.
What advice would you give for a novice mead brewer? 🙏
08:03 PM - Apr 02, 2024
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}