Su. Ho.
A
#DailyPictureTheme 4 Apr
Our son collected grapes from our vines and my parents’ to made a sourdough starter. He gave us half and it’s still going strong with regular feeding. I make a sourdough loaf every week or so. The bread has a lovely flavour and no chance of going #stale in our house 😋
06:27 PM - Apr 03, 2024 (Edited)
Michael Raz
A
In response to Su. Ho..
Yrs ago I took a baking class & the instructor was an ex-East European. Her starter had been passed from grandmother->mother & she very kindly gave me some. I used it many times caring for it diligently. One day it was GONE! My MiL had helped us out by cleaning the fridge. You guessed it.
08:22 AM - Apr 04, 2024
Su. Ho.
A
In response to Michael Raz.
Noooooooooo!
Mine was originally in a glass with plastic wrap on top. I invested in an official-looking starter jar with a wooden lid. Bought one for my son too.
I told my husband he would be dead meat if the jar and contents ever went missing. Just joking - or maybe not!!
08:56 AM - Apr 04, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to Su. Ho..
I love sourdough bread. This looks amazing.😃
08:59 PM - Apr 03, 2024
lorraine aylward
A
In response to Su. Ho..
Oh wow! I'm making my first sourdough bread ever, right now. I had watched videos and stuff, still, your loaf inspires me to continue!
08:21 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Su. Ho.
A
In response to lorraine aylward.
All the best! I’m experimenting as I go. The results are getting better, with the occasional dodgy loaf but even they still taste pretty good 🤤
08:36 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Su. Ho.
A
In response to lorraine aylward.
So how did it go??
09:09 PM - Apr 06, 2024
aka TT
A
In response to Su. Ho..
Awesome. Making sourdough bread from my own starter is on my list of things to try 😄
07:23 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Su. Ho.
A
In response to aka TT.
I didn’t really have a choice! My son gave me half his starter plus some basic equipment, and asked me to keep it going in case something happened to his 😬
I like that the starter has wild yeast from inter-generational grape sources.
Best wishes for your sourdough adventures 😁
08:04 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Lipsticktraces
B
In response to Su. Ho..
That tile work is lovely!
06:50 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Su. Ho.
A
In response to Lipsticktraces.
Mass produced with style 😁
07:19 PM - Apr 03, 2024