Nefarious Newt
A
thread 1/6
Look, I have no direct idea what the kerfuffle (my word for it) of the last few weeks has been between people on this site, but if you've been here in the last year, you know what the purpose of the site is: a respectful space for open dialogue. Everyone has a voice here.
07:22 PM - Apr 03, 2024 (Edited)
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 2/6
Not everyone is going to agree about everything. That's inevitable in any human group of any size. The standard curve still applies. Occasionally there will be people from far outside the margins who are intent on causing anguish, intentionally or through lack of forethought. It matters little.
07:22 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 3/6
Attacking people here is verboten. IT HAS TO BE. This cannot be a safe space where people can express themselves honestly and openly if they ALWAYS have to fear the negative repercussions. Whatever may be said, vicious, cruel, unfeeling attacks on others are WRONG.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 4/6
This doesn't mean we're going to be "one big happy family." It DOES mean that we are going to be decent enough human beings to rein in the most egregious impulses to lash out at others when we disagree. The caveat, of course, are the profusion of -isms we are all aware of and have no place here.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 5/6
Block and mute as you need, but do so WITHOUT the need to dispense harm. Let us disagree without being disagreeable. Let us share without being hurtful. Let us speak AND listen. Let us understand where our privilege lies and how far it extends, and whether it SHOULD go as far as we let it.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 6/6
Above all, be kind. So many of us have hurt, are hurting, are coping, are looking for some form of love or empathy or compassion. There's no need to fill this space with the dirge of discontentment that plays across our world.

JUST BE GOOD, PEOPLE.
Young Lesbian Dre
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
I do love the word kerfuffle. Good job. Because not many people use it. Like fisticuff(s).
09:54 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Martha Alikacem
A
In response to Young Lesbian Dre.
Kerfuffle is a favorite word of mine!!
03:26 PM - Apr 04, 2024
jenn ○f many things
A
I always miss this stuff! Grateful for that, but I do worry I am following or interacting with these antagonists you (and others) speak of, so that can be unsettling. It happened once, where someone was banned from Spoutible after getting way out of hand & I had zero idea she was like that.
09:42 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Jean Clark
A
In response to jenn ○f many things.
I’m with you. I’m so far from the fray I have no idea what’s happened.
12:42 AM - Apr 04, 2024
Happy4uu&u
A
In response to jenn ○f many things.
Yah, unbeknownst to me I thought the same. I just put two and two together and may have figured out the instigators that I follow and partake with some of their spouts unrelated to referenced attacks.

Thanks to viral tab I learnt what was happening.
08:57 AM - Apr 04, 2024 (Edited)
JeriLynne
A
Thank you!!! 🥰
08:48 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Bev Turner
A
Yep. Sounds so simple but, for some reason, it seems hard for certain folks.
08:24 PM - Apr 03, 2024
André Ware
A
👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾!!!
07:24 PM - Apr 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}