Tanya Feke, MD
A
We all know that stress affects our physical and mental. What we need are realistic ways to cope with that stress. So I ask, how do you deal with stress? Take a moment to share some tips!
03:04 PM - Apr 05, 2024 (Edited)
Morvani
A
In response to Tanya Feke, MD.
Great British Bake Off. Blown Away. Lego. SlowTV. Cats. Custom mixes on Ambient Mixer. Reading. A few ASMR channels on Youtube (I don't actually get tingles, but they are pleasant and calming to watch).
04:34 PM - Apr 05, 2024
Tanya Feke, MD
A
In response to Morvani.
I love the Great British Bakeoff too.
04:23 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Deb
A
Meditation is my year round solution. Gardening is my first choice but not possible for part of the year. I do take advantage of any day above 50 degrees or so to go out and do some trimming in the winter.
03:53 PM - Apr 05, 2024
Tanya Feke, MD
A
In response to Deb.
Drinking tea is meditative for me. I take the time to sip, enjoy, and take in my surroundings.
04:26 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
I do deep breaths. Even 4 slow, deep breaths is just enough to relieve the stress, including in my body.
03:45 PM - Apr 05, 2024
Tanya Feke, MD
A
In response to Spiritual Annie.
Breathing is a powerful tool. Not everyone realizes how it effective it can be.
04:27 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Cookie
A
I feel anxiety in my guts. So I picture my intestines all knotted up, angry, tense; and then I slowly picture them uncoiling, unknotting, while breathing deeply. With each breath I breathe in lightness and peace, and breathe out tension. I relax my abs a little more with each breath. I just let go.
03:28 PM - Apr 05, 2024
Tanya Feke, MD
A
In response to Cookie.
Visualization techniques can be very powerful.
03:29 PM - Apr 05, 2024
Tanya Feke, MD
A
If possible, I try to go for a walk. Walking is a great way to take care of yourself physically and mentally.
03:11 PM - Apr 05, 2024
Tanya Feke, MD
A
When I feel myself getting anxious, I try to do some 4-7-8 breathing. It triggers your parasympathetic nervous system and helps to settle down your "fight or flight" response. It may not cure what ails you but it can settle things down in the moment. Sometimes a moment is all you have.
03:08 PM - Apr 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}