Diana Beach
A
I watched the movie Stripes yesterday which I remembered as a hilarious Bill Murray movie from my youth. When is the last time you’ve seen this movie? Good lord, the level of sexism and treatment of women is off the charts horrible and now I hate this movie. I hate when that happens.
01:29 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Thinkerbelle
A
In response to Diana Beach.
Anything with Clint Eastwood is a “no go” for me.
02:54 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Diana Beach
A
In response to Thinkerbelle.
Agreed, and I loved him as a kid but now - nope.
11:43 PM - Apr 07, 2024
mr bunnylamakins
A
Many older movies are cringey.
02:08 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Diana Beach
A
In response to mr bunnylamakins.
Yes, but it’s extra cringey when you thought you loved them as a young person and then rewatch them to your utter horror. 😕
02:27 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Barbara Nelsen
A
The further back you go the worse it is! And the casting is offensive beyond belief! John Wayne as Ghengis Khan? I’m just amazed that we all accepted this at the time.
01:37 PM - Apr 07, 2024

Only followers of this user (BattleFuzz) can see their posts

Anne King
A
right?? We tried to watch Meatballs with our son bc it's about summer camp & had to turn it off!

The reason film has changed is bc we now have women sitting in the boardrooms, pre production, marketing & on set. Thank God!
01:36 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Diana Beach
A
In response to Anne King.
I had the same experience with Saturday Night Fever which I hadn’t watched in years. My daughter and I just sat there in horror at the rape scene which is kind of written off as boys will be boys. Ugh!
01:38 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
Yes. It really does stand out. I went through the same thing with Laugh-In. I fondly remember it as a silly show from my childhood, so I watched a few episodes. My god, the sexism, racism, ableism. I now understand why Goldie Hawn distances herself from that show. Pat Morita's treatment was shameful
01:33 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Diana Beach
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
I vaguely remember that show but I was too young to understand many of the punchlines at the time. I loved Flip Wilson and Carrol Burnett and I think I was pretty safe with both of them.
01:35 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
The civil rights act has passed by the time Laugh-In was on. They were fairly OK with black people on that show, but every other ethnicity was still fully fair game for racism. The treatment of native Americans was eye popping.
01:35 PM - Apr 07, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}