Professor Kyle
A
So, so bummed. My grad school, Goddard College, is closing, following in the footsteps of Green Mountain College, Marlboro College, & Burlington College, & so many small schools beyond VT that practiced progressive education & were about more than just job training, as higher ed seems to be now.
06:26 PM - Apr 09, 2024
dariasteigman
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
So sad.
I'm still mourning the dismantling of the New College in FL

And I say this as a (under)grad of one of the last remaining liberal arts schools -- U of Chicago.
06:52 PM - Apr 09, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to dariasteigman.
That kind of education is so important!
07:00 PM - Apr 09, 2024
dariasteigman
A
💯.
I had no idea it was practical until I got into the workforce with critical thinking skills that no one else had.

Plus I had 2 years of science, which has been hugely valuable in understanding the world -- + the universe.
07:22 PM - Apr 09, 2024 (Edited)
Professor Kyle
A
Yes!! Those critical thinking skills, the creativity, & the broad knowledge base serve people so well rather than just learning specific skills that become obsolete within a few years.
07:37 PM - Apr 09, 2024
dariasteigman
A
We can have a legit discussion about the COST of higher ed. Where I strenuously disagree is when people devalue the learning -- b/c broad knowledge, critical thinking, and just learning stuff should ALWAYS be valued in every society.
07:49 PM - Apr 09, 2024
Timara (she/her)
A
Agreed. College allows young adults to experiment and test their boundaries before being forced into this harsh world. We should create more opportunities for them, not less, because we reap the benefits as a society.
08:06 PM - Apr 09, 2024
Deborah Conway
A
In response to Timara (she/her).
Absolutely 💯! All the comments in this thread. College is not just about the “learning” it’s about so much more!! It should not be so expensive!!!
08:18 PM - Apr 09, 2024
André Ware
A
👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾!!!
08:05 PM - Apr 09, 2024
dariasteigman
A
In response to André Ware.
08:05 PM - Apr 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}