Diana Tyler
A
thread 1/3
#DailyPictureTheme #Pain

This first spout on today's theme is going to be filler and serve as a TRIGGER WARNING for those who don't like gross photos (which will be on the next spouts of this thread). Besides childbirth, the worst (and longest) #pain I've experienced started with mosquito bites...
03:38 PM - Apr 10, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
thread 2/3
...that turned into wounds that expanded, & ended in macerated (down to the muscle) flesh, a series of plastic fillers, Unna Boots, various types of grafts, & (eventual) healing. And recent events have shown that I have to be careful about future leg wounds as well. 🙄 TW: WORSE photos in post 3!!
Diana Tyler
A
thread 3/3
I warned you...!

Yeah...this got bad...and went on-and-off for 3 years.
So, yeah, that was #pain -ful in a lot of different ways...but I'm grateful to finally be back to "normal". 😉
Justme Bee
A
Glad you healed. My mother had surgery yesterday for a wound she's had for 4 years. They covered it with artificial skin. Fingers 🤞 she gets some relief.
In response to Diana Tyler.
04:16 PM - Apr 10, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Justme Bee.
Wow! That's a long time for 1 wound. I hope the graft works.

My most stubborn wound finally healed with the graft of an infant's foreskin (lab-grown clone). I'm walking because of science's dedication to stem cell research! That may be another option for your mom, too, if needed.
Keep us posted!
12:08 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Justme Bee
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
Thanks for sharing your experience. The surgeon said amputation and Mom flat out refused. Now they are doing everything they can to buy time. The prognosis is not good but your spout gave me hope it just might work and for that I can't thank you enough.
12:39 PM - Apr 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}