Diana Tyler
A
thread 1/3
#DailyPictureTheme #Pain

This first spout on today's theme is going to be filler and serve as a TRIGGER WARNING for those who don't like gross photos (which will be on the next spouts of this thread). Besides childbirth, the worst (and longest) #pain I've experienced started with mosquito bites...
03:38 PM - Apr 10, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
thread 2/3
...that turned into wounds that expanded, & ended in macerated (down to the muscle) flesh, a series of plastic fillers, Unna Boots, various types of grafts, & (eventual) healing. And recent events have shown that I have to be careful about future leg wounds as well. 🙄 TW: WORSE photos in post 3!!
Diana Tyler
A
thread 3/3
I warned you...!

Yeah...this got bad...and went on-and-off for 3 years.
So, yeah, that was #pain -ful in a lot of different ways...but I'm grateful to finally be back to "normal". 😉
Justme Bee
A
Thanks for sharing your experience. The surgeon said amputation and Mom flat out refused. Now they are doing everything they can to buy time. The prognosis is not good but your spout gave me hope it just might work and for that I can't thank you enough.
In response to Diana Tyler.
12:39 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Justme Bee.
A graft was not an option for my uncle (both legs amputated mid-thigh) but he lived happily for many more years. My Dr. chose the infant foreskin because they inspire a 9x(?) faster regeneration of cells than typical grafts but wound size may be a factor in its suitability. My best to your mom!
12:52 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Char
A
That's fascinating... the cell regeneration of youthful skin makes logical sense, but I would never have thought of it. Thank dog we have so many scientific minds to further our medical care 🥰
01:00 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Justme Bee
A
We talked about skin grafting, my concern was creating a new wound. This seals the wound for 3 weeks and hopefully we'll see new healthy tissue when he removes the dressing. It's a long shot but worth a try. I'm going to research your procedure and talk with to the surgeon on our next visit.
01:10 PM - Apr 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}