Professor Kyle
A
And for those who won't have loans forgiven...unless you make enough to easily afford the payments, the SAVE plan keeps payments affordable. I'm on the poorer side...& my student loan payment is $10/month (& is no longer accruing interest). That's the way it should work. Thank you President Biden!
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
And climbing. Biden's new proposal would wipe out hundreds of billions more for millions more people. I don't know if there really are people out there threatening to not vote for Biden over their student loans not being 100% forgiven...if so, they're either gaslighting or not paying attention.
10:36 AM - Apr 12, 2024
10:42 AM - Apr 12, 2024
Lil
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I'll add that loan servicers are still making mistakes (or deliberately trying to trap borrowers or screw them over).

People have to stop confusing Biden & the Dept of Ed with bad loan service. Having been paying mine since the 80s (holy shit!), I know Biden is the *first* to hold them accountable.
03:04 PM - Apr 12, 2024
TAE
A
I am so happy for you!
01:04 PM - Apr 12, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to TAE.
Thank you!
01:05 PM - Apr 12, 2024
C Varnam
A
Predatory student loans particularly predatory
10:45 AM - Apr 12, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to C Varnam.
Unfortunately Biden can't do much about private loans. But with the House and a non-Sinema/Manchin Senate majority he'd pass increased in pell grants and more/better loan $ in a heartbeat.
01:03 PM - Apr 12, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}